This question has been flagged

Hello. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out on my own.

About 2 weeks ago I added an RFQ for a supplier and receied a bid. My customer finally pulled the trigger on the order 2 days ago, and I decided to add one more line item to the RFQ/Bid before converting to a PO. I submitted that PO and received an invoice. I did not pay the invoice yet.

Yesterday another customer decided to order what I just added and had on the way. I entered the Sales Order for this customer with Qty 1 of the item.

Today, I received the shipment and split the lines in the stock move to enter the serial numbers (full lots traceability), and validated the move. The original qty 5 items were delivered to the customer and invoiced perfectly.

The added-on qty 1 item is in inventory as qty 1, forecasted 1. Qty 1 was on a Sales Order that was in the "Sales Order" status, with no buttons for Create Invoice or Create Shipment. I looked around and couldn't figure out why.

In an effort to fix this, I cancelled the Sales Order and created a new one with the "Create Invoice" field set to "On Demand" this time. I then invoiced the customer and physically took the product to the customer. They have not paid the invoice, since it was just given to them.

As of now, I cannot tell Odoo that I delivered the products. There's no indication in the Warehouse module about shipments waiting (all numbers are 0). I poked around , found "Procurements", ran schedules, etc. In my poking, I found that a new draft PO was created to order this product. I deleted the draft PO. I already HAVE the item in stock according to Odoo, but it insists on procuring another for this sales order.

How can I figure out why? How can I fix this? I'm not positive what "Make to order" means, but I tried checking that route on the product, and this has not helped. I'm currently at a loss and would appreciate any pointers.

Thank you!

Discard