This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hello

Is it possible to have mysite.odoo.com to run under mysite.com by using an alias?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

contact to sales@odoo.com, they will manage your domain mapping with your database and make virtualhost entry in their system.

No cost, simple    

Discard

Everything can be done by yourself, there is no need to ask Odoo itself! :)

Author

Hello how can I do this myself? Thanks

You should first put your Odoo on port 80, since this is the default web port. (or you should redirect it) Then you should go to the admin panel of your hoster and provide DNS pointers to the IP address of where your Odoo is hosted. When all the DNS records are changed it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to reflect accross the world.

If you use odoo instance for this, I am sure it will become slow. Only that works better when you had own server. Else your idea works but not best.

Author Best Answer

Hello Steeve. Can you be more specific please? I use hpanel. Can I set up an A record to the odoo.com ip? I have setup a simple alias for the domain to no avail

Discard
Best Answer

You can use an `ALIAS` in your domain name service (dns) record configuration

Discard
Author

Hello I contacted sales@odoo.coo - so far the response is that I need a paid subscription and a paid consultant. my experience with other systems is I have added an A record on my domain host side to the host ip but the host ip in this case odoo.com. I guess need to enter somewhere the name of my site xxx.com. Is there a control panel I can get into to do this or this exclusively under odoo management. so far the no cost solution is not apparent. Thanks if you know more.