Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Rounding Precision on Unit of Measure (Weight)

By
Spidey
on 8/24/13, 1:57 AM 4,956 views

I'm having trouble configuring a custom decimal precision for a UoM.

Here's the scenario:

My company sells spices and manufactures blends. We would like our inventory quantities to be weight in pounds with a decimal precision of at least 6 (Ex: Oregano qty: 0.029999 lbs). But the "rounding precision" in the UoM I defined only allows up to 3 digits after the decimal point (0.000). So, when I set the inventory for Oregano, OpenERP rounds it to .030000. The same goes for items I add in a Bill of Materials.

These are all the rounding and precision settings that I've been able to find and change:

Settings->Warehouse->Decimal precision on weight = 6

Settings->Database Structure->Decimal Accuracy->Product Unit of Measure = 6

Settings->Database Structure->Decimal Accuracy->Stock Weight = 6

Warehouse->Unites of Measure->lbs

Unit of Measure: lbs
Category: Weight
Type: Reference Unit of Measure for this Category
Rounding Precision: 0.000 <-- OpenERP will not allow more than 3 digits after the decimal.

Any ideas how to allow quantities with 6 decimal places?

Thanks!

Paul Catinean
On 11/19/13, 7:31 AM

Hello Spidey,

If you go to Users and set Manage multiple Units of Measure then you will have access to the menu Sales (or Warehouse) -> Units of Measure and there you will have individual rounding values for each uom separately

Best wishes

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/13, 1:57 AM
Seen: 4956 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM