Odoo Help

Rounding Precision on Unit of Measure (Weight)

By
Spidey
on 8/24/13, 1:57 AM 5,717 views

I'm having trouble configuring a custom decimal precision for a UoM.

Here's the scenario:

My company sells spices and manufactures blends. We would like our inventory quantities to be weight in pounds with a decimal precision of at least 6 (Ex: Oregano qty: 0.029999 lbs). But the "rounding precision" in the UoM I defined only allows up to 3 digits after the decimal point (0.000). So, when I set the inventory for Oregano, OpenERP rounds it to .030000. The same goes for items I add in a Bill of Materials.

These are all the rounding and precision settings that I've been able to find and change:

Settings->Warehouse->Decimal precision on weight = 6

Settings->Database Structure->Decimal Accuracy->Product Unit of Measure = 6

Settings->Database Structure->Decimal Accuracy->Stock Weight = 6

Warehouse->Unites of Measure->lbs

Unit of Measure: lbs
Category: Weight
Type: Reference Unit of Measure for this Category
Rounding Precision: 0.000 <-- OpenERP will not allow more than 3 digits after the decimal.

Any ideas how to allow quantities with 6 decimal places?

Thanks!

Paul Catinean
On 11/19/13, 7:31 AM

Hello Spidey,

If you go to Users and set Manage multiple Units of Measure then you will have access to the menu Sales (or Warehouse) -> Units of Measure and there you will have individual rounding values for each uom separately

Best wishes

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/13, 1:57 AM
Seen: 5717 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM