Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Return wizard from a function

By
Celia
on 5/19/16, 5:03 AM 278 views

How can I call a wizard in a return of a function? 

This is the first wizard that appears: 

class get_ticket(osv.osv_memory):    
    _name = 'get.tickets.wizard'    

def _tickets_control(self, cr, uid, context=None):         active_ids = []         partner_ids = {}         for active_id in context.get('active_ids'):             active_ids.append(active_id)             for partner_id in self.pool.get('tickets').browse(cr, uid, active_id, context=context).partner_id:                 partner_ids[partner_id.id] = partner_id.id         if len(active_ids) <= 1:             self.display_error_message(cr, uid, 'You have to select more than 1 tickets.')             return False          elif len(partner_ids) > 1:             self.display_error_message(cr, uid, 'You have selected 2 or more tickets of different partners.')             return False         return True

def display_error_message(self, cr, uid, error, context=None):         view_id = self.pool.get('ir.model.data').get(cr, uid, 'get_ticket_wizard', 'close_wizard_form_view', context=context)         view_id = view_id[0]         return {             'name': _("Error"),             'view_type': 'form',             'view_mode': 'form',             'view_id': view_id,             'res_model': 'close.wizard',             'type': 'ir.actions.act_window',             'target': 'new',             'context': {'error': error},     }     _columns = {         'ticket_id': fields.many2one('tickets', string='Ticket to keep'),         'control': fields.boolean(compute='_tickets_control'),     }     def onchange_get_tickets(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):         active_ids = []         for active_id in context.get('active_ids'):             active_ids.append(active_id)         return {'domain': {'ticket_id': [('id', 'in', active_ids)]}}     _defaults = {         'control': _tickets_control,     }

And this is the wizard that I want to call (that has the function like an error message and close the wizard before and this [this I don't know if really does it]): 

class close_wizard(osv.osv_memory):    
    _name = 'close.wizard'    

def _display_error(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):        
        return context.get('error')    

def _close_window_wizard(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):         return {'type': 'ir.actions.act_window_close'}     _columns = {         'error': fields.char(string=''),     }     _defaults = {         'error': _display_error,     }

And this is its view: 

<!-- ********** Form view of close wizard ********** -->
<record model="ir.ui.view" id="close_wizard_form_view">    
    <field name="name">close.wizard.form</field>    
    <field name="model">close.wizard</field>    
    <field name="arch" type="xml">        
        <form string="Error">            
            <group>                
                <field name="error"/>            
            </group>            
            <footer>                
                <button string="Accept" name="%(_close_wizard_window)d" type="action" class="oe_highlight"/>         
            </footer>        
        </form>    
    </field>
</record>
<!-- ********** Option get tickets in menu 'More' ********** -->
<act_window id="close_wizard_action"            
    multi="True"            
    key2="client_action_multi"            
    name="Error"            
    res_model="close.wizard"            
    src_model="get.tickets.wizard"            
    view_mode="form"            
    target="new"            
    view_type="form"/>

Can you explain your main objective to achieve from wizard ? It will help us to understand your code as well as your requirement. Based on that we can give you exact suggestion or solution.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 5/20/16, 5:46 AM

The module that I'm developing has the objective to have tickets as part of after-sales services. That tickets can being fused or separated in 2 tickets and other actions. Here I'm going to fuse 2 tickets, to do this I have to check 2 tickets in the tree view and in the 'more' button I have an option 'Fuse tickets' that call the wizard (get.tickets.wizard), here appears the wizard that has a many2one where I have to select the ticket that I want to preserve (the other is going to go over to another status, that is fused), but if the tickets that I have checked are of differents partners I have to display a message with the error, and I have to close the message error and the wizard when the user press the 'accept' button. So in code is: I call _tickets_control function, and if is something wrong (like the tickets have differents partners), this function calls display_error_message function that has to return the error message wizard (or window or view)

Celia
on 5/20/16, 7:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/19/16, 5:03 AM
Seen: 278 times
Last updated: 5/19/16, 7:34 AM