Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[RESOLVED] How to upgrade edited module?

By
Taenam Kim
on 12/4/14, 3:42 AM 737 views

My odoo version is 'Odoo Server 8.0-9d0bd28'.

I did like below, but I could not find any change for the part.

1. Changed some part of addons/website_forum/views/website_forum.xml and saved.
  2. Upgraded Forum module.

Hi Taenam, if this solves the problem, can you please mark answer as correct?

Baiju
on 12/4/14, 11:42 PM

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 12/5/14, 4:19 AM

Views from "website_forum" you find in "Settings/User interface/Views" with filter "QWeb". After edition in this place restart is not necessary.

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 12/4/14, 4:07 AM

Hi , Taenam

did you restart server, before upgrading module?

Restart server and upgrade module from

Settings==> module--> Upgrade

Abhishek H Menon
On 12/5/14, 2:15 AM

You can upgrade your module along with restart of server. Use the command to upgrade the module in your addons while restarting the  server. Please follow the command below. 

./openerp-server -u your_module_name -d your_database_name.

Taenam Kim
On 12/5/14, 1:48 AM

I have found another way to adapt website with HTML editing with no upgrade and no restart server.

I used 'Customize > HTML editor' which is in right side of upper forum page.

I guess website_forum.xml data of Odoo is saved into DB.

If anybody know where website_forum.xml data is in the table of db, please let me know the information.

@Taenam, If you are running on a local instance of Odoo (ie. not a SaaS/Online offering), I'd recommend making your changes in a module rather than in the GUI for Odoo. Changes made inside a database will only be useable in that database. Creating a module means it is easy to use the changes on multiple databases and is the better option if you are running on a local instance.

Luke Branch
on 12/5/14, 11:20 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/4/14, 3:42 AM
Seen: 737 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM