Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

0

Reports, keep getting errors "QWebTemplateNotFound: External ID not found in the system" or "IndexError: list index out of range"

By
aydunno
on 11/5/15, 11:04 AM 970 views

I created the report, taking the following steps, as stated in the tutorial (I also created the module from the tutorial and there the report works):

- reports.xml in the data list

- added code in reports.xml:

<openerp>

    <data>

        <report

        id="report_idtest"        

        model="pprepair.ppmain"    

        string="Ppreport"

        report_type="qweb-pdf"

        name="pprepair.report_idtest_name"    

        />


        <template id="report_idtest_name">    

            <t t-call="report.html_container">

                <t t-foreach="docs" t-as="o">

                    <t t-call="report.external_layout">

                        <div class="page">

                            <h2>Report title</h2>

                        </div>

                 </t>

            </t>

         </t>

        </template>

    </data>

</openerp>

thats it. when I change the attribute "name" to the value of "pprepair.report_idtest_name", I get error with "QWebTemplateNotFound" and when I change it to the value ""pprepair.report_idtest" I get error with "IndexError".

I tried it on Odoo 9, because I read that it could be a bug and get the same behavior.

I may be overlooking a detail, this is driving me nuts.

2

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
10205
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 11/5/15, 12:41 PM

Hi @aydunno

You need to change your report declaration to this:

  <report
id="report_idtest"
model="pprepair.ppmain"
string="Ppreport"
report_type="qweb-pdf"
name="module.report_idtest_name"
/>

==================update====================

 replace module in the report attr name with the module where the report is defined

already tested, see the answer update

Axel Mendoza
on 11/12/15, 4:15 AM

the module name as it appears on the filesystem, not the name give within the class. okay, it works now, thanks!!

aydunno
on 12/1/15, 5:27 AM
0
aydunno
On 11/5/15, 3:11 PM

thanks Axel Mendoza

i tested on the odoo 8 instance and it makes no difference.

I used http://localhost:8069/report/pdf/pprepair.report_idtest_name/1 and http://localhost:8069/report/pdf/report_idtest_name/1 to call.


In setting > reports, the reports exist, in case I forgot to mention that.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/5/15, 11:04 AM
Seen: 970 times
Last updated: 12/1/15, 5:27 AM