Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

report designer problem

Pavel Pavlov
on 9/22/13, 5:00 PM 2,184 views

I have problem with the openERP Report Designer... I've followed the steps below and I get "Failed to evaluate expression [[ (picking.address_id and picking.address_id.partner_id and picking.address_id.partner_id.title.name) or '' ]]"
What could be the reason?
Where should I look for the problem - Libre Office plugin problem or openERP problem? EDIT: Just tried upgrading to Libre Office 4 and now the plugin installs, but doesn't work at all..has someone tried using the Report Designer with Debian + KDE + Libre Office 4? For me it doesn't work at all?

1) Created new empty DB
2) Install OpenOffice Report Designer Latest Version
3) Tested Open Office to openERP Connection - OK
4) Install Warehouse Management, so that I can get the report I need
5) Create dummy Delivery Order
6) Print the order (everything is there) - img819.imageshack.us/img819/7277/jr9y.png
7) Open the report via Libre Office
Report Designer -> Modify Existing Report -> Delivery Slip
8) Then without changing anything, I just send it back to the server - img826.imageshack.us/img826/2830/f5vr.png
9) Print it again and the address is no longer there and I get the error below... Any ideas?

2013-09-22 18:36:46,066 22176 ERROR test openerp.report.render.rml2pdf.utils: Failed to evaluate expression [[ (picking.address_id and picking.address_id.partner_id and picking.address_id.partner_id.title.name) or '' ]] with context {'get_product_desc': <bound method picking.get_product_desc of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'setLang': <bound method picking.setLang of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'display_address': <bound method picking.display_address of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'uid': 1, 'objects': [browse_record(stock.picking.out, 1)], 'format': <bound method picking.format of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'strip_name': <bound method picking._strip_name of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, u'default_type': u'out', u'active_ids': [1], 'digits_fmt': <bound method picking.digits_fmt of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'user': browse_record(res.users, 1), 'get_digits': <bound method picking.get_digits of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, u'search_disable_custom_filters': True, 'logo': False, 'picking': browse_record(stock.picking.out, 1), 'data': {'report_type': u'pdf'}, 'name_space': {'style': '{openoffice.org/2000/style}', 'number': '{openoffice.org/2000/datastyle}', 'form': '{openoffice.org/2000/form}', 'office': '{openoffice.org/2000/office}', 'script': '{openoffice.org/2000/script}', 'ooow': '{openoffice.org/2004/writer}', 'text': '{openoffice.org/2000/text}', 'chart': '{openoffice.org/2000/chart}', 'dom': '{www.w3.org/2001/xml-events}', 'draw': '{openoffice.org/2000/drawing}', 'dc': '{purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/}', 'xlink': '{www.w3.org/1999/xlink}', 'meta': '{openoffice.org/2000/meta}', 'svg': '{www.w3.org/2000/svg}', 'table': '{openoffice.org/2000/table}', 'dr3d': '{openoffice.org/2000/dr3d}', 'oooc': '{openoffice.org/2004/calc}', 'ooo': '{openoffice.org/2004/office}', 'math': '{www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML}', 'fo': '{www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format}'}, u'active_id': 1, 'lang': u'en_US', 'bin_raw': True, 'tz': False, 'setCompany': <bound method picking.setCompany of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, u'active_model': u'stock.picking.out', 'removeParentNode': <bound method picking.removeParentNode of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'setHtmlImage': <bound method picking.set_html_image of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'formatLang': <bound method picking.formatLang of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'repeatIn': <bound method picking.repeatIn of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'setTag': <bound method picking.setTag of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'time': <module 'time' (built-in)>, u'contact_display': u'partner_address', 'translate': <bound method picking._translate of <openerp.addons.stock.report.picking.picking object at 0x7f1b700e19d0>>, 'company': browse_record(res.company, 1)} while rendering report, ignored.

Still looking for solution. Can someone share what combination of openERP + Open Office(Apache or Libre?) works for you? Thank you!

Pavel Pavlov
on 9/23/13, 9:29 AM
Pavel Pavlov
On 9/23/13, 12:27 PM

Seem like there is problem somewhere in my setup of openERP 8(latest trunc of today) + Libre Office 3 .

I've tried today syncing the openERP v7 branches, installed Open Office 3.4(on win this time) and I was able to receive <-> send the report multiple times without destroying it...

Regards, Pavel

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 9/22/13, 5:00 PM
Seen: 2184 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM