This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there any possibility to remove orders that have been wrongly inserted?

or to edit an invoice that has been confirmed?

mayby with an extra module?

please don't just reply with 'use creditnota' , thats not what i'm looking for.

many thx in advance.

Discard
Author Best Answer

i have made a few mistakes in creating orders. I then cancelled them but in my overview i can still see them. Ok it says canceled next to them but i would like to remove them completely... 

and then about invoices. after confirming an invoice, i wonder if its possible to change them afterwards.. 

Discard
Best Answer

Just a question to clarify, are you asking about changing Sales Orders or Invoices? (It would make a difference if you use the manufacturing module or send your Sales Orders to another location/department to be filled).

Discard

The double accounting system will not allow you to "completely" remove them, it is designed to retain all transaction information in the event of an audit or user mistake. As for changing an invoice; in my understanding of double accounting, the correct practice is to create a new invoice and cancel the old one so that you retain the record of change and that it is clear what happened historically so you are not double invoicing or omitting something that should be a discount or refund, etc. Double accounting is a bit of a change in logic that most people are used to, but can save a huge amount of money and liability issues in the event of an audit.