Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

remove mobile version in odoo website

By
Hengky Zhang
on 2/11/15, 3:16 AM 730 views

can someone help me how to remove or disable mobile version in odoo website (CMS) 

Vasanth

--Vasanth--
| 5 3 8
Pondicherry, India
--Vasanth--
Vasanth
On 2/11/15, 6:11 AM

hi,

you can do by inherit concept.

you should create a file as "website_mobile_view.xml" in the path "views/website_mobile_view.xml" in your odoo module and add the file to the __openerp.py file.

In website_mobile_view.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
<data>

<template id="mobile" inherit_id="website.user_navbar">
    <xpath expr="//i[@class='fa fa-mobile']" position="replace">
    </xpath>
</template>
</data>
</openerp>

it works.All the best

what it want to remove is mobile version not the navbar i mean when i browse with mobile the interface is same with desktop so how can i achieved this? any idea?

Hengky Zhang
on 2/11/15, 11:06 PM
José DESGRIS
On 2/11/15, 9:46 AM

Hello,

Can you say why you want to remove the mobile version ?

Please note that today, 60% of internet users do navigate with their mobile and also that, once you have resized your images, everything works fine with mobile website in Odoo.

Best regards,

José

yeah you are right but sometimes we want to keep the view same with desktop, any idea dude?

Hengky Zhang
on 2/11/15, 11:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/11/15, 3:16 AM
Seen: 730 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM