This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

After 20 or so pages in the forum, and reading the manuals/online doc still we can not figure out a simple solution on the following:

We run a project. We do not invoice based on time or anything like, just issue the invoice on monthly basis.

There are two analytic accounts

• Customer/Delivery

• Customer/Expenses

We invoice against Customer/Delivery.

We would like to register micro expenses (train tickets/food/a candy/whatever) as they get paid. 

Also we need to keep profitability analysis based on analytic accounts. So we will register the expenses against Customer/Expenses

Questions:

1. We start from HR expense (to know which employee raised it) or we go via purchases?
2. Is it obligatory to invoice analytic journal entries related to expenses? Could we not just leave them there for ever?

3. Open to things we do not see :)

Cheers

Theo

Discard
Best Answer

1. We start from HR expense (to know which employee raised it) or we go via purchases?

You have to know that, it is your decision.
2. Is it obligatory to invoice analytic journal entries related to expenses? Could we not just leave them there for ever?

No, it is not obligatory, you can leave them. Again, it is your decision.

I do handle expenses according to common business logic and this is also supported by Odoo out of the box. Expenses are expenses (invoiceable/reimbursable or not), purchases are purchases and sales are sales. I do use one analytical account per customer sales order or customer project and I track expenses by using the expense tracker module and properly defined expense product(s).

Discard
Author

Hi,

Thank you for answering.

Regarding point 1, what would be the difference? How the HR path would differ (for bookkeeping and reporting) to the Purchase path?

Thank you

Theo

Author

Just looked again at the options of Purchase receipt and HR expense.

It looks that the HR expense path is faster any way. One form, multiple entries.

On the other hand the receipt approach makes more sense registering expenses one by one. But it seams it can not match an expense with an employee.

HR path or Purchase receipt path??

How you guys do that?

Please be aware of the forum guidelines, this is not an Odoo related question and this forum is not a discussion platform. If you want to discuss more general topics, you should use the mailing lists.

Author

Thank you.

Let us put it in a different way.

How you register your similar to my question expenses in odoo?

The question is not related to accounting, but is only related to odoo usage/functionality.

Cheers.

Nick

See my amended answer.

Author

Hi,

Thank you. Apart from being clear, you also gave hints on how to handle from accounting point of view.

Appreciated

Cheers

Theo