This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hai Friends ,

I am new to OpenERP ,Once i realized the OpenERP feature start leaning . But some questions raised in my mind , Would you please clarify it .

1. From the forum , i can understand that Point Of Sale support only EAN13 Barcode Encoding Scanner & my Question - Is there any standard ( Brand Name ) Bar code Scanner available?

2. If i get Barcode Scanner with USB plugin , it is enough to make work (or) Is there any software to be installed to make work ?

3. Otherwise , Is there any apps ( modules ) available for barcode scanner work .

Right now i using OpenERP version 7.0 (community version ) .. Please give me suggestion .

Thanks & Regards

OMPRAKASH.A

Discard
Best Answer

In Openerp POS 7.0 don't click in search bar and then scan the product. it will added automatically in order. If you still want to search and add product from search bar then Download this module from launchpad: bzr branch lp:~mmakonnen/openobject-addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70 and replace the default OpenERP module with it.

From the commit list of this module:

POS: When we hit [Enter] in the search box add the product with the matching product code

The previous commit only added the product if it was the only one

returned by the search. Now, it will search the list of matched products for one with the same exact product code as the search term. If it finds a match it will add it to the order.

Hope this help.

Discard
Best Answer

A USB barcode scanner literally is a keyboard of sorts. When you scan a code it just sends the code to the field where the cursor is.

You can even open something like Notepad, scan the code and it types it in.

In terms of scanners, just make sure you find one that is known to be reliable. We use Farsun laser hand scanners here.

Discard
Author

Hai Dave ellis , thanks for reply .. It make more useful for me .

Either everyone on this forum don't understand English or you don't understand the question. Everybody that post's questions here regarding scanners has the same problem, it scan the item, but is not adding the item to the sales cart. When you focus on the search field top right corner the product is found in the search when scanned, but this still do not add the item to the sales cart, a manual click with the mouse or push on the item is required. Surely this isn't the most effecient way to add items. And yes Dave i think everyone expects that the scanner just type out the ascii string

the question now is, must the scanner be set to scan only, or must it append the string with a linefeed, tab or other command. Second question is where to setup or configure these hardware, scanner, slip printer, touch screen, payment interface, scale and so on in either OpenErp or the pos. This is mistakenly advertised all over as plug and play, and it is not. Surely there must be some manual for connecting, configuring devices to open erp or pos.

Best Answer

Yes, the USB Barcode will work, there is no need to install aditional software.

Just plug and play!

Discard
Author

Hai Elisio Leonardo , Thanks for reply , Would you please suggest me Barcode Scanner (Brand name ) for OpenERP 7 POS . It make me more useful me .. And once again i thank you ..

Honeywell

Best Answer

Hi, I have and USB scanner and it's working right if tested on notepad but when I scan a product on the POS, the numbers are typed, the product is found but it wont get added to the list. Any hint on this?

Thx in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, Motorola barcode scanner its really very good I am using this only if you want to know more about this products the go through Intercode Solutions.

Discard