Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Reduce size of images in postgresql

By
shanky
on 4/14/14, 7:28 AM 729 views

I have a huge binary format data in postgresql which make my database quite heavy. How can i reduce size of binary format data ?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Is it acceptable to export and reimport smaller files? Are they images? Are you on Windows or Linux? What version of OpenERP are you running? Have you looked in ~/.local directory of your OpenERP installation?

Martin
on 4/14/14, 7:42 AM

I a m using openerp 7 on ubuntu 12.04 . I want to write a python script where user add image despite of whatever the size of image is , when user add image the size automatically gets reduce and get stored in database. is this possible?

shanky
on 4/14/14, 10:51 AM

I know of no automatic function for that. It'd require a special development. Not difficult, but not free either. Sometimes just going for a better performing hosting/server makes the most sense. What is the reason? Slow connection? Small disk?

Martin
on 4/14/14, 12:14 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/14/14, 7:28 AM
Seen: 729 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM