Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Recovering master Password

By
abin c ibrahim
on 1/21/15, 6:53 AM 6,040 views

How can I recover my master password?

Demirel yakito
On 1/21/15, 7:16 AM

check ur odoo8 config file named as: odoo-server.conf. it basically inside of your etc folder.

find and open it.

admin_passwd = admin

here admin is your master password. try this.

EDIT:  If you have changed the master password from the user interface, it is stored in a resource file called .openerp_serverrc in the home directory of the user running the server/service.

Additional note: usually this file is under /etc/

Yenthe
on 1/21/15, 7:24 AM

But,i caught access denied error when trying to backup a database

aci aisha
on 1/21/15, 7:29 AM
César
On 5/6/16, 1:59 PM

Hi @Bole and @Abin and @Yenthe,

Thanks a lot for your help, I just change my password inside of admin role, but I forget to note somewhere :) :( :( and all the work of one year I am afraid are gone :(

My version is v.8 and I fond the odoo-server.conf like @Bole was explain before and yeah you find the password BUT this password is the old one.

I tried to look for file called .openerp_serverrc but I don't arrive to find it so I would like to know what are my next tries explained by doomies :)

Really thanks thanks for your help to me and this community,

César

what are my next tries explained FOR doomies :) mistake, the doomie is me :)

César
on 5/6/16, 2:02 PM

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 1/21/15, 7:00 AM

in v7 easy : select login, password from res_users;
(also from psql the same select)

in v8, not so easy, because the passwords are hashed by default... so no plain text password are saved.. 

im in V8.. plz help

abin c ibrahim
on 1/21/15, 7:01 AM

Actually Bole you're wrong. Its inside odoo-server.conf, in plain text. I don't know who ever though of that because security wise this is a very bad concept..

Yenthe
on 1/21/15, 7:24 AM

actualy we are talking about apples and oranges... i was talking about odoo admin user, you were talking about admin password for db management and we hawe third passwrod wich is postgres user passwrd, and my guess is that the error on bacup is caused because of that password... as for bad concept.. storing password in conf file, and putting conf file to read only location, is not bad.. except if you use root user , and plain text password for login, so low-skilled-wannabe-hacers can bruteforce your pass :) if you are not able to protect your config files... then you have major security issue way above storing passwor din some config file ;)

Bole
on 1/21/15, 8:04 AM

Yenthe & Bole,,, Plz Dont Fight!!! BE FRIENDSSS

abin c ibrahim
on 1/21/15, 10:59 PM

@abin no worries we aren't fighting hehe! We love to debate a bit. @Bole you're right, there are three different passwords and I guess we where both talking about others. :)

Yenthe
on 1/22/15, 3:06 AM

@abin:no worries at all.. this is not fighting.. more like creative thought exchange... in fact, we are friends, here on forum, and outside :) but thaks for beeing peacemaker:)

Bole
on 1/22/15, 4:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/15, 6:53 AM
Seen: 6040 times
Last updated: 5/6/16, 1:59 PM