Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have an existing invoice, for which payments have been reconciled. I now want to create a credit note (for an arbitrary amount) and reconcile that amount against the invoice.
- Invoice total = £1000
- Customer pays £500
- Credit note created for customer = £80 (and marked as paid?)
- Credit note is reconciled against the invoice.
- Balance owing for the invoice is £420
Is this possible without cancelling the invoice?
This can all be done by (only) creating a single Customer Invoice, a single Customer Refund/Credit and two Customer Payments.
- Create a Customer Invoice for £1000
- Record a Customer Payment for £500, applied to the above Invoice, reducing the balance to £500.
- Create a Customer Refund for £80 (do not pay it unless you send money back to the Customer).
- Record a Customer Payment for £0, applying the full credit of £80 and allocating £80 to the Customer Invoice, reducing the balance to £420
Alternatively, you can perform the first three steps and wait for payment from the Customer. When you go to record the £420, you will see the Invoice balance is £500, but there is also an unapplied (unpaid) credit for £80.
This approach allows the Customer to choose how and when the credit is applied (and for you to hang on to it as long as possible!). If they send you £500, the credit will still be on their account for next time.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 9/15/14, 7:34 AM|
|Seen: 4635 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|