This question has been flagged

what is the best way to receive product from an internal supplier.

We are an mushroom grower who operate 4 different farms in which all product from these various farms are received at production plant central to the locations of the various farms.

We categorize our product by Type > Size > Grade.

I would like to have a screen that allows me to quickly add each item as we handle over 2 million pounds a week. 

I have played around with the current 'incoming shipments' mod, however I am not a fan of how you must open another window in order to add line items. 

I do however prefer the purchase order screen which allows me to add items right on the line (on the same form).

Is it possible to have the product entry on the 'incoming shipments' form act like the product entry on the 'purchase order' form

Discard
Best Answer

If I understand correctly, you want to fill in the form inline rather than opening a popup for each record. Yes, that's possible. You have to adapt the XML view and add an editable tree. The best way to start is to activate the developer mode and select "Edit FormView" when you are on the incoming shipment form and, in parallel, when you are on the purchase order form. It will allow you to compare and see how it's done. You will have to make sure that all the mandatory fields appear in the inline list, or you will not be able to save each line.

Discard