This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When using Gantt view on pratical project (several tasks along weeks), the view expand to the right, out of screen rapidly. You can scroll into the browser (i test Firefox, Safari and Chrome) but the task titles also scroll so you can view them and so you dont know which bar correspond to which task... If you try to print, you got less data (truncate).

I try to add to the view mode="3months" or any other value listed in the developer book [old 6.0] but it do not seems to work : any advice ?

I assume it a bug or a missing feature ? Perhaps previous version handle gantt view ? Do you use gantt view in 7.0 ?

Discard
Author

I try to investigate this display problem. I found the web_gantt (javascript) library into OpenERP and this library has a sample : web_gantt/static/lib/dhtmlxGantt/index.html

This sample works fine and display a nice gantt with scrollbar (no more overflow) that can be nice print and that also show dependency between task.

So web_gantt lib seems to have all the function required to display a complex gantt, but OpenERP 7 do not use this function, but i dont know where to start to investigate in OpenERP, i'm new.

Author

The complete doc for dhtmlxgantt is there : http://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/

Best Answer

I feel just the same way: The standard Gantt view of OpenERP is nearly useless! The library would really have all the bells and whistles to make make the Gantt View a valuable tool but it seems there is naerly NO PROGRESS towards the gantt-view and also Project Management in generall - Too sad that all of the Focus is directed to the Web-CMS ;(

Discard