Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Project Environment

Mark Lewis
on 3/1/13, 5:05 AM 725 views

Do I need to have the classical project structure? Analysis, Development, Test and Production environments? This would mean having four databases.

On 3/1/13, 7:04 AM

It all depends... I work with three environments (development, test, production) in each client. I manage them with oerpenv (you can find the tool in github)

On 3/1/13, 5:58 AM

You does not require four database, just create a single database and install apps which you have require and provide correct access right and users for each.

By single database you can do all stuff.

So you suggest creating say four users: dev, test, production user and give them rights only to certain bits. Example: I can create a sales order without the sales module. Could I create a user that can create sales orders but only sees functions as if the sales module was not installed?

Mark Lewis
on 3/1/13, 10:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/1/13, 5:05 AM
Seen: 725 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM