This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everybody,

I try to use the "email interface" property of a project to create Task when I receive an email on a specific email.

But When I enter inside the Project, I don't see the email alias configuration. - I did specify an IMAP server in the configuration part, and it's working well.

Any Idea ?

Discard

I have an odoo V8 saas-5 installation and I have the same problem.On an openerp 7 installation, every project, inside the "Other" tab,  has a section called "Email Interface" where you can specify an alias and choose if incoming emails will create tasks or issues.This section is not there anymore in an Odoo V8 installation (through github).For the online version I can see that the email configuration section moved over the tabs in every project settings but in a self hosted installation I cannot find it.Maybe I'll try to edit the view to see if I can bring it back. If anybody can help...

Thanks for your answer Els. It worked for me!At first, I was tricked by the fact that the 'Alias Domain' field already contained the right value (I don't know why this happened). Even though, I pressed 'Apply' again in order to save 'General Settings' (although I didn't change anything). I was surprised to see that it really worked when I went to the project settings of a project.

Best Answer

For version 8, go to Settings > Configuration > General Settings. Enter your domain in the Alias Domain field.

Go to Projects and open the project settings. The email options will now be displayed.

Discard