This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I would like to download the product_variant_multi module for V7

On Launchpad there are 2 branches for the extra addons :

"lp:openobject-addons/extra-6.0" and the "lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk"

which-one should I go for ?

Thx St.

Discard

Same question for me, if anyone has an idea !

The answer will depends on the module as modules moved in splitted branches, may we rename the question title about the specific product_variant_multi module ?

Best Answer

For a final short answer to the question where to find module product-variant-multi for v7.0 coming from extra-addons in launchpad:

You can find the not yet mature portage here:

lp:openerp-product-variant

It needs reviewing for being ready for use in v7.0.

Discard

The branch proposed you proposed does not work out of the box on v7.0, I have done corrections on this other branch and is working lp:~atin81/openerp-product-variant/openerp-product-variant. Already proposed to merge, just pending approval

Thanks for your corrections.

Best Answer

I would take the trunk branch, but as soon as I remember the module you are looking for is not currently ported, we have to ported inhouse but still not upload to launchpad, give a couple of hours to publish it.

EDIT: I have uploaded the module to this branch: code.launchpad.net/~atin81/product-extra-addons/product-multi-variant

EDIT2: Quoting the answer getting from Raphaël Valyi to my merge request

Hello Agustin,

thank you for your contribution. However, as it has been discussed in the specialized OpenERp lists, the extra-addons repository is not viable in the long term, so for v7, we decomission it totally and moved the non-trash modules in separated branches instead where they are much easier to maintain.

You'll find the product_variant module here instead: https://code.launchpad.net/openerp-product-variant there is a v6.1 branch https://code.launchpad.net/~product-core-editors/openerp-product-variant/extraction-61 and also a 7.0 branch which isn't mature yet: https://code.launchpad.net/~product-core-editors/openerp-product-variant/extraction-70

Notice that I did some early v7 port myself last week, it's in this branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/migr-v7-wip

What we would be cool is you review my last branch on v7, see it works for you and eventually propose further change on it and ask a merge inside. Finally, with that kind of feedback we could merge my v7 branch into the 7.0 serie and start saying it's somewhat mature.

Sorry if it doesn't look organized. Well, we aren't leading the OpenERP project ourselves and have limited influence on how things change. I always said publically OpenERP is not serious the way it manage its module and standard module format (like.egg) should be adopted. Well so far, the editor has been putting efforts in other priorities (like the apps thing) which fail to address the way modules are managed in branches today. So it ends up being this suboptimal way, but still we make it work ;-)

Hope you can re-submit something against my v7 branch then.

Discard

I have uploaded the module to this branch: code.launchpad.net/~atin81/product-extra-addons/product-multi-variant and asked to merge into the product-extra-addons repo code.launchpad.net/~atin81/product-extra-addons/product-multi-variant/+merge/150864

Ok sorry for the misleading, I missed the openerp-product-variant branch. I removed my comment to not mislead others. What should be kept in mind, though, is that extra-addons is not up to date for v7 as the community branches replaces it.

Best Answer

If I am not wrong lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk is for v6.1. Version 7.0 will not use the extra-addons branch. Instead, many of them have evolved into the reviewed-modules new organization. Take a look at: I cannot post links, but take a look into camptocamp website, in the news section. It is all explained there, in the post "new-community-organization-for-openerp".

Also, some modules from old extra-addons were ported into the new repositories. But the old branches in extra-addons remain and should be avoided (and use the new ones instead). So far, I found these:

account_chart_update
account_financial_report
account_fiscal_position_rule
account_fiscal_position_rule_purchase
account_fiscal_position_rule_sale
account_fiscal_position_rule_stock
account_payment_extension
account_product_fiscal_classification
account_renumber account_reversal
base_sale_multichannels paydays
purchase_payment
pxgo_bank_statement_analytic
pxgo_bank_statement_running_balance
pxgo_cash_statement sale_exceptions
sale_payment

Hope this helps.

Discard

This answers to the question where are gone modules from extra addons, not to the question about where is the product_variant_multi module.

Author Best Answer

Not really sure, but I conclude myself that : "lp:openobject-addons/extra-6.0" is for V6 "lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk" is for V7

Discard

If I am not wrong lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk is for v6.1. Version 7.0 will not use the extra-addons branch. Instead, many of them have evolved into the reviewed-modules new organization. Take a look at: http://www.camptocamp.com/actualite/new-community-organization-for-openerp/ and https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-reviewer

Also some modules from old extra-addons were ported into the new repositories. But the old branches in extra-addons remain and should be avoided (and use the new ones instead). So far, these: extra-addons/account_chart_update extra-addons/account_financial_report extra-addons/account_fiscal_position_rule extra-addons/account_fiscal_position_rule_purchase extra-addons/account_fiscal_position_rule_sale extra-addons/account_fiscal_position_rule_stock extra-addons/account_payment_extension extra-addons/account_product_fiscal_classification extra-addons/account_renumber extra-addons/account

Sorry. Last one was cut. account_reversal, base_sale_multichannels, paydays, purchase_payment, pxgo_bank_statement_analytic, pxgo_bank_statement_running_balance, pxgo_cash_statement, sale_exceptions, sale_payment