This question has been flagged

Hi, I am just starting out with Odoo11. I will be implementing this workflow with odoo (only caring about the receiving of items for now and good inventory management):

We will be getting products for refurbishment and although their models might be the same, a lot of specific details will be different for each individual product. 

Each product has to go through Quality Control where all the specific details would be logged, if any repairs are needed, jobs should be assigned to specific users. 

From Quality Control the item would either go to be stored in the main warehouse or to scrap.

Items are later sold through e-commerce as specific variants (with all the details) or as general item from that category. Also some commercial sales not through any website..

I thought it would make sense to make the new Product Name field to a one2many, so when new items are being received it would be possible just to select the main product template and add a unit of specific variant combination of that product. Probably a module extending the product model would work for this best? Any good examples you can point me to? Let me know if that could affect the inventory system in some bad way?

Is it easy to find a specific variant of the product through Odoo?

Any tips for implementing similar workflow with Odoo would be highly appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Zendo,

Do you want to add product template field in Purchase Order Lines and then select different variants in the line?

For this you would also need to customize the code to create inventory that will pass the products to incoming shipment.

Let me know if I can help you in this.

Sudhir Arya
Odoo ERP Functional & Technical Training, Support, Development, Customization, Migration, Implementation
ERP Harbor Consulting Services
Discard
Best Answer

Odoo has already implemented the concept of product templates (product.template) and related variants (product.product). Unfortunately your description of your business case and the corresponding type of products is not specific enough to give you any reasonable advice on how to best model your business case using Odoo's (or any other systems) workflows and artifacts.

I can imagine that a clever modeling of product variants, Bill of Materials and work orders (MRP) could create usable results.

Discard