Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Default Code Unique (product_unique_default_code) not working?

By
Max
on 4/17/14, 7:59 AM 2,250 views

Hi,

I have install the product_unique_default_code, so I assume the "Internal Reference" for product should be unique. Unfortunately it doesn't. Anyone who tried this module before?

Thanks.

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 4/17/14, 8:33 AM

HI,

This module is for Unique Internal Reference only. Before installation, make sure that existing products have unique Internal Reference, else constraint will not be applied to Product.

oh, what if I have already installed with non-unique internal reference? how to fix? thanks

Max
on 4/17/14, 9:07 AM

Make each non-unique fields with Unique reference and then try to install module.

Nehal
on 4/17/14, 9:19 AM

Thanks, 1 more question. is blank consider non-unique?

Max
on 4/17/14, 9:43 AM

No. Blank value will not be considered.

Nehal
on 4/17/14, 10:08 AM

OMG... so I have over 1000+ products now.... i have to make them unique 1 by 1? :(

Max
on 4/17/14, 10:31 AM

make sorting of products by Internal Reference. By that way, you will come to know duplicate reference and only make them unique.

Nehal
on 4/17/14, 11:22 AM

Yes, I export all the data to CSV, checked and removed duplicates. Finally it works. Thanks.

Max
on 4/18/14, 2:42 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 4/17/14, 9:24 AM

Try to use this one it's for V6.0 but it works also for V7.0

And if you want to make it mandatory.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/14, 7:59 AM
Seen: 2250 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM