This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

It does not look like OPENerp uses REVISION on products and/or BOM's, by default in V7. There is reference to BOM REV in V6 in the extended view, but I do not see that in V7.

I also don't see any module development that includes REVISON of products and/or BOM's.

An issue with trying to develop a module to add revision to a product would be that the product_id is the unique identifier and if a revision is added, then the unique would have to be product_id & revision.

Currently we revision control our BOM's and "some" of our products (mostly custom products), and I am trying to think of the best way to implement this in OPENerp.

A sort or band-aid way is to tack the REV onto the part number, ie: PART1234-REV_A, but that bugs me because in that case the true part number is really PART1234 REV A, not PART1234-REV_A.

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.

thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

The module should implement a model like this:

id: automatically generated by OpenERP product_id: many2one relation to product.product sequence: integer

The idea is... the highest the sequence, is the current version. You can add further inforation such as change date

Discard
Author

Thank you for the feedback. The REVISION is something that I would need to be able to manually enter. The REV is from either my customer or designer, for example a sheet metal part may currently be PART1234 REV C, whereas we may have bought it previously at REV A or B. I believe the real issue would come when I try to run MRP or build a BOM, where the MRP only knows the product_id and not the product_id and revision.

@greg: Have you found a solution for the REVISION problem? I evaluate OpenERP 7 right now and run exactly into the same problem/situation.

Any updates to this? I am also evaluating and not having revisions on products is a big problem for many manufacturing environments.

still cannot find revisions for BOM/products

Very important feature for most of our clients we are talking to at the moment. It's a must have!

Yes. We are in the same boat. Really need to be able to add revision numbers to our products. Hope it's coming soon!

Yes, I don't understand why it doesn't exist anymore.