Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Process Mapping and Pre-implementation Advice

By
josh g
on 5/1/13, 2:00 PM 749 views

I apologize if this is not the correct forum to be asking.

Can anyone offer any advice as to pre-implementation process mapping and needs analysis?

Does OpenERP have a process mapping module?

Thank you

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 5/1/13, 7:07 PM

My approach has been to sit with the right people in the clients business (or your business) and discuss business requirements and processes. I then map these using a combination of Word (for textual elements) and Visio (for processes). I then map these to OpenERP functionality to document configuration options (such as which modules, defaults etc) and gap analysis. The gap analysis is then used to build a high level design document and to estimate effort

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/1/13, 2:00 PM
Seen: 749 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM