By
Andreas Brueckl
on 3/28/13, 12:40 PM 12,543 views

Hello,

I often see modules which are using

import tools

instead of

import openerp.tools

My installation cannot resolve a library without the preceeding "openerp.". I think that this depends on the type of installation and it would not be a problem if a deb-Package is installed.

So my question:

What can I do, than modules without the preceeding "openerp." are working for my installation?

Here is the log of the installation of a module:

File "/opt/openerp/openerp-7.0-bzr/server/openerp/modules/module.py", line 346, in load_openerp_module __import__('openerp.addons.' + module_name) File "/opt/openerp/openerp-7.0-bzr/server/openerp/modules/module.py", line 82, in load_module mod = imp.load_module('openerp.addons.' + module_part, f, path, descr) File "/opt/openerp/addons-elbati/hr_attendance_analysis/__init__.py", line 22, in <module> import hr_attendance File "/opt/openerp/addons-elbati/hr_attendance_analysis/hr_attendance.py", line 24, in <module> from tools.translate import _ ImportError: No module named tools.translate

Hi, for location of your module, did you use same unix user account, same partition disk, it is placed in server/openerp/addons directory, did you use symlink, addons_path option in opeenrp server conf file ? Personnaly by using addons_path option in server conf file I have not this error. Bye

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
on 3/29/13, 8:40 AM

Thanks for your comment. I try to install module "hr_attendance_analysis" of branch "lp:~elbati/hr-timesheet/adding_hr_attendance_analysis_7". all unix permissions are ok. I tried with addons_path, symlink and direct copy into /server/openerp/addons path without success. I am starting the server in the server directory with ./openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-server-7.conf

Andreas Brueckl
on 4/2/13, 5:23 AM

Hi, with openerp 7 it seems it is now openerp.tools ... which is used. But try to add ..../server/openerp path to pythonpath (search on google how to deine multi path for pythonpath). Should works (I believe deb package installs openerp in python site-packages directory, in this case no problme to find libraries python). Bye

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
on 4/2/13, 6:01 AM
Andreas Brueckl
On 4/2/13, 6:15 AM

Thanks to GEM I have solved this issue by dynamically adding the openerp directory to the python path. I have added two lines to file server/openerp-server:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import openerp

# Start ADD
import sys
sys.path.append('openerp')
# End ADD

if __name__ == "__main__":
    openerp.cli.main()

# vim:expandtab:smartindent:tabstop=4:softtabstop=4:shiftwidth=4:

However it is strange that I am the only guy who runs openerp without the deb package and focused this issue.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/13, 12:40 PM
Seen: 12543 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM