This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I installed odoo 8 on ubuntu 14:04 server. But having problems with outgoing email. I own domain email system ex: domain.com with 2 email: sales@domain.com and catchall@domain.com (catch all email). I have configured to send and receive email successfully (SMTP and IMAP). 
Now, if I create a new user with alias sales@domain.com or catchall@domail.com (email already exists on the mail server), the user is sent to a gmail email address. This email is sent out OK. 
But if I create a user with the alias: acb@domain.com (email does not exist on the mail server) and send emails from the user to a gmail email address. This email was not sent out. On this 7 OpenERP still perform normally.

I think the problem in smtp authentication to enable or disable printing odoo 8. How can I solve this problem?

Discard
Best Answer

I think I have this same problem. I have to stuck with gmail smtp for now. I tried to use my domain smtp setting, the connection test passed but the actual sent email were not sending out. Odoo says it is sent but my mail client doesn't receive it.

My domain smtp requires authentication for IMAP but I don't see this option in Odoo. Maybe this is the cause?

Has any one solved this?

Discard
Best Answer

I've the same problem.

Discard