Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

problem with Import data csv

By
oumaima
on 4/23/13, 1:11 PM 1,814 views

Hi, I tested importing data in csv form with a module that i created The module works but i have this error when i try to import data wtih csv extension: Uncaught an exception occurred in a caller-provided callback function

any idea please

i have a problem like that yesterday. I cant import product, vendor and customer. I use #Odoo9.

In #Odoo9, we have the template product in menu Setting > Implementation > Accounting > Configuration Company > Your Product.

But, i can't import product with this template. So, I go to import page ( Purchasing > Product ) change view product to list product. And there is Frequently Asked Question, go to Questions What's the difference between Database ID and External ID? And in the details you can download csv template categories and product. I use the csv product to import file, and it works :)

Taat Waluyo
on 8/12/16, 3:06 AM
Taat Waluyo
On 8/10/16, 4:13 AM

i have the same problem. 
At first, i am importing the .xls file from odoo template (customer.xls) and the result is that. Then i save as the file as .csv and import again, and same as the first.

i have a problem like that yesterday. I cant import product, vendor and customer. I use #Odoo9.

In #Odoo9, we have the template product in menu Setting > Implementation > Accounting > Configuration Company > Your Product.

But, i can't import product with this template. So, I go to import page ( Purchasing > Product ) change view product to list product. And there is Frequently Asked Question, go to Questions What's the difference between Database ID and External ID? And in the details you can download csv template categories and product. I use the csv product to import file, and it works :)

Taat Waluyo
on 8/12/16, 3:06 AM
vgze
On 4/23/13, 2:41 PM

What is the version of your openERP? When appears the error before or after the field selection (if you have openERPv7)? Are you sure of the name of the field in the CSV file?

i work in openerp 7,the error appears after the field selection.I just import a csv with 2 fields

oumaima
on 4/23/13, 3:03 PM

Have you tried validating the CSV file through the web interface import?

Mike Lindsay
on 4/23/13, 4:15 PM

I've gotten the same problem.

Rafael Reuber
on 4/8/14, 10:05 AM

Same problem, usually when importing subitens (such as several itens on quotations order)

Guilherme Anrain Lindner
on 8/18/15, 10:28 AM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 7/2/15, 6:08 AM

This problem is usually solved by splitting the import into smaller number of record like 1000.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/23/13, 1:11 PM
Seen: 1814 times
Last updated: 8/10/16, 11:23 PM