Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with following through the Multi-Company Environment walk through in the documentation

By
Emmanuel Owusu-Oware
on 8/9/13, 6:46 PM 716 views

Has anyone gone through successfully setting up a multi companies as explained in the documentation. It does not work. A user in company A cannot supplier created by user in Company B. Same with Customer and Product. In other words there is sharing problems with Partners and Products among the companies

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 8/10/13, 12:38 PM

Yes, I have gone through this multi-company configurations many times.

As it is multi-company environment, you cannot see the records of other company.

For example I have three companies: Company AB (Parent), Company A and Company B (child of Company A).

Now,

1: User of Company AB can see all the records of his child companies Company A, B.

2: User of Company A cannot see record of Company B and same goes for User of Company B.

This is the scenario of multi-company.

If you want to remove this non-sharing scenario, you have to remove all multi-company record rules.

Go to Settings->Techincal->Security->Record Rules then search multi-company and then delete all of the record rules of multi-company.

can you explain how this "remove all multi-company record rules" is being done practically?

gunnar
on 8/11/13, 4:44 AM

See my updated answer.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 8/11/13, 7:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/9/13, 6:46 PM
Seen: 716 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM