This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I am just trying to upload drawings in pdf format to our products, but the system keeps loading for long time and nothing happens.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Discard

What does openerp-server log say?

Best Answer

install poppler-utils in linux systems

apt-get install poppler-utils

courtesy:Davide Corio

Discard

This solves my problem with pdf's. What should I install to fix the same problem with doc files ? ("Failed attempt to execute antiword (MS Word reader)" ) Thanks

Best Answer

I had the same problem with Windows 2008 Server.

The problem is, that OpenERP can not find the program pdftotext in the current path. OpenERP uses this program to index the PDF file.

To fix this, you can install XPDF which provides pdftotext for Windows. Additionally it may be necessary to add the path of XPDF to the Windows PATH variable.

Here is a link how you can change the PATH: http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Discard

I am on Win7, even after XPDF installed, and path configured, in server log Failed attempt to execute pdftotext. This program is necessary to index the file c:\windows\temp\tmpsiuxok.pdf of MIME type application/pdf. Detailed error available at DEBUG level. any idea how to resolve?

After re-start windows, the auto index on PDF file works! but the other problem is that it seems the encoding is not UTF-8, so the local Chinese character bypassed, only English, how to change PDF encoding to UTF-8?