This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I setup an Ubuntu environment and used bzr to get the 3 trunks: addons, server, web

Everything works and the server starts fine.

I then loaded the project in Eclipse and tried to run openerp-server. I got this error (module web: module not found). I then copied the entries (addons_path) in the openerp-server.conf from /etc/ to the conf file in server/install folder. I also created a copy of this file and pasted in server folder, in the hopes that eclipse would pick it up.

But I am still getting the same error. Three questions please:

1. Which conf file should I add this path for eclipse to use? Where does this file reside?

2. If I must use a command line switch to specify the web/addons path then how do I do that in eclipse?

3. There used to be a file with a lot of different variable such as pg_path, rpc, etc. Is that file still around? Maybe that is where I need to make this entry?

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

There is a "Run/Debug Settings" in "Properties" window when we right click on the file. Then I selected the only item in the list and clicked Edit. Under Arguments tab, I gave "-c /etc/openerp-server.conf".

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

The easiest way is to set --addons-path as a command line argument in Eclipse, this way you are sure that it works :

opener-server --addons-path=addons,web/addons

Edit : I don't exactly know where is it in Eclipse, but maybe in "Run Configuration", you might have an "Arguments" (or equivalent) section.

Discard