Odoo Help

Problem only in eclipse: Failed to load server-wide module `web`

By
Raza Ali
on 2/7/13, 4:03 AM 3,472 views

I setup an Ubuntu environment and used bzr to get the 3 trunks: addons, server, web

Everything works and the server starts fine.

I then loaded the project in Eclipse and tried to run openerp-server. I got this error (module web: module not found). I then copied the entries (addons_path) in the openerp-server.conf from /etc/ to the conf file in server/install folder. I also created a copy of this file and pasted in server folder, in the hopes that eclipse would pick it up.

But I am still getting the same error. Three questions please:

1. Which conf file should I add this path for eclipse to use? Where does this file reside?

2. If I must use a command line switch to specify the web/addons path then how do I do that in eclipse?

3. There used to be a file with a lot of different variable such as pg_path, rpc, etc. Is that file still around? Maybe that is where I need to make this entry?

Thanks

Raza Ali
On 2/8/13, 6:04 AM

There is a "Run/Debug Settings" in "Properties" window when we right click on the file. Then I selected the only item in the list and clicked Edit. Under Arguments tab, I gave "-c /etc/openerp-server.conf".

Thanks

Thibaut DIRLIK
On 2/8/13, 4:19 AM

The easiest way is to set --addons-path as a command line argument in Eclipse, this way you are sure that it works :

opener-server --addons-path=addons,web/addons

Edit : I don't exactly know where is it in Eclipse, but maybe in "Run Configuration", you might have an "Arguments" (or equivalent) section.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/13, 4:03 AM
Seen: 3472 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM