Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

printing "sale.order" fields in account.invoice pdf (qweb)

Philipp Becker
on 11/19/15, 10:20 AM 737 views

My Goal is to print fields of the "sale.order" into the invoice pdf. 

Normaly I use 

<span t-field="o.partner_id"/>

(invoice_line for example).

and nest it like this for example:

<span t-field="o.partner_id.phone"/> 

That mostly work for account.invoice and all kinds of connected fields.

Is there a way to "nest to" the informations of the sale.order which Im missing? Or is there maybe a way not to start from "o"?

Philipp Becker
On 11/23/15, 9:54 AM

I found the solution. As said, there isnt any connection to the sale.order so I build a module to make this connection:

from openerp.osv import fields, osv

class account_invoice(osv.osv): 
    _inherit = "account.invoice"
    _columns = {
        'sale_order_ids': fields.many2many('sale.order', 'sale_order_invoice_rel'
        , 'invoice_id', 'order_id', 'Sale Orders', readonly=True,
        help="The sale order(s) that generated this invoice. Multiple sales '\     
        'orders may have been combined for the same customer to generate one invoice."),

now its possible to nest the fields like this in the invoice pdf:

<span t-field="o.sale_order_ids.name"/>

Thank you for the explanation. Can you please show

- how this code would look like when I want to access the sales.order module not from accounts but from the Manufacturing Orders module in a qweb report.

- where to put the code. Do I need to create a new file or can I place this into a specific file? Please explain where to copy this file into.

Thank you.

on 8/11/16, 10:35 AM
Divyang Jariwala
On 8/13/16, 7:57 AM

Hello Philipp Becker,

There is a link between invoice and sale order.

Please refer _get_invoiced method of 'sale.order'

its returning invoice linked to particular sale order.

i hope this will surely help you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/19/15, 10:20 AM
Seen: 737 times
Last updated: 8/16/16, 4:53 AM