This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I have 2 printers EPSON TM-T20 (USB) and I'd like to print orders on one and invoice on the others.
I made the test and it's currently printing both on one. 

Should I buy another printer with WIFI like EPSON TM-T88 or there is a more economical option ?

Best regards,

Olivier Lefelle

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answer

If it is not a network printer do you want to user two printers or just one printer and two printouts 1) invoice and 2) order items?

> I want to use 1 printer for order in the kitchen and 1 printer for the invoice at bar.

Is your order printer a network printer (say kitchen printer)? In that case you would need a PoSbox/raspberry pi device? 

> Both printers are EPSON TM-T20 (Thermal Receipt Printer, Serial and USB Interfaces. Includes cable and power supply. Color: Dark Gray.)
=> If you mean Wifi/ethernet interface printer, those don't have.

=> I'm thinking that the POSbox+USB printer works as a Network printer, isn't it ?

> For now I managed to do a test with 2 printers USB connected on the same POSbox. IP of the POSBox is declared

- in the POSbox IP address  

- in order printer.

=> It prints both orders and invoices with the same printer.

=> I want to know if I have another POSbox, I'll be able to simply declare the IP address of the second POSbox (connected with my USB Printer) in "Order printer".

Discard

> I want to use 1 printer for order in the kitchen and 1 printer for the invoice at bar.

#VR > order printer would be a network printer (with wifi/ethernet connectivity). Use PoSbox if you want the invoice printer to be remotely connected from the device that you are taking orders on (ipad like device) Else directly connect to the terminal

=> If you mean Wifi/ethernet interface printer, those don't have.

#VR> See above

=> I'm thinking that the POSbox+USB printer works as a Network printer, isn't it ?

#VR> You can say so but it is still an invoice printer. If you want to do order printing at kitchen use network printing

> For now I managed to do a test with 2 printers USB connected on the same POSbox. IP of the POSBox is declared

- in the POSbox IP address

- in order printer.

=> It prints both orders and invoices with the same printer.

=> I want to know if I have another POSbox, I'll be able to simply declare the IP address of the second POSbox (connected with my USB Printer) in "Order printer".

#VR> See above.

Best Answer

Is your order printer a network printer (say kitchen printer)? In that case you would need a PoSbox/raspberry pi device? 

If it is not a network printer do you want to user two printers or just one printer and two printouts 1) invoice and 2) order items?

Discard