This question has been flagged
2 Replies

From time to time some Pos sessions are showing the Red button (top right corner) with a number (1 or 2 or n)

I understood the cause lies with the internet connection been lost and that - when connection is ok - the POS session will automatically resume its online work; thus the "red" transactions will change to "green".

I also understood that the "red button" was an active one; may be I misunderstood because in my installation (Saas online offer)

it is not active

First question: are the transaction lost? Second: how to recover from red to green when this not automatic?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Now i am be able to get back to green light connection. to do it you may try follow this steps

1. Login as Administrator

2. Activate Developer Mode

3. Go to POS --> Start Session

4. you will notice on the right side there are some message in black box

5. you click on Delete Unpaid Order --> message popup and ask you if you want to remove offline data --> click yes

6. you click on Delete Paid Order --> message popup and ask you if you want to remove offline data --> click yes

7. you will see the green light  back.

8. log out from system and login again.

you are good to go now. remember that all your offline transaction will be lost with this method.

let me know if this method work.

Cheers

Samdy

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

POS orders are stored in the Web Browser (LocalStorage).

When you validate an order, the POS try to send the orders to the Database.

If there are some troubles with network connection or if some orders contain bad data, the POS cannot send them to the DB. Then the LED turn to red, and the number of orders that are stacked in the browser is diplayed near the LED.

Each time you validate an order , the POS try to send all the orders that are stored (not only the last one) . This feature allows the offline mode . (You can make sell without being connected, but you must be connected to send orders to the DB)

Finally, if you want to clear the LED (turn it to Green), you have to empty your browser's cache. But if you go this way, be aware that stacked orders will never be send to the DB.

Hope this help.

Best regards

[Edit] I just seen that you was a frenchy (like me) so , you can go there :

http://solutions-entreprise.developpez.com/erp-pgi/faq/openerp/?page=UtilPos#PosRedStatus

For some explanation

Discard