This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am using the free POS module for Odoo 9 and am quite impressed.

However, I really miss the following feature:

I'd like to enter additional charges upon payment (e.g. in case of a hair dresser, extra charge for long hair etc.)

I know I can deduct a percentage like a bonus, and even enter a price manually, but for that I need to create a fake product or add the product twice, as the manual price will override the normal product price.

However, using a separate "product" for this is suboptimal, because:

1. it is cumbersome to use

2. the relation to the actual product is not clear, so the calculation is confusing for the customer

3. if you specify one "extra charge" fake product, it hides the actual meaning, but else you have to create many fake products for all variants

I found a commercial add-on (http://webkul.com/blog/product-variant-extra-price-different-weight/) that provides this feature, but imho it should really be part of the core as it is quite ubiquitous...

Discard
Best Answer

No, it is not ubiquitous. I really know a lot of different verticals and use cases and I would say the standard approach of using variant extra prices covers for sure more than 95% of all real use cases. But it all depends on a well thought concept of products and services and the proper use of the artefacts provided  by an ERP solution such as Odoo.

To come back to your example (long hair), you should well know why you want to charge an additional fee. If it is just for fun because it is maybe common practice, the customer will anyway not see a relation between the extra charge and the product. But is it based on a physical relationship (long hair need more color to be colored, long hair need more time to dry etc.) then there is a clear logic which should be properly modeled based on product variants, not only to charge the proper price, but also to properly allocate material consumption and labor time.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your answer Ermin, this is actually the solution I came up with in the end, so I'm glad to hear it's a valid approach.

I was maybe not clear enough but you still understood what I ment regarding product variants, esp. the hair use case, this is exactly what we need (no it's not just "for fun";).

I created separate "virtual products" for modelling the variants, but they still need to be adjustable by hand, because every hair is different, but that's easily doable on the POS by overriding the price. You then clearly see e.g. "coloring" and the final price, so that's perfect for my usecase.

Discard