This question has been flagged

I am in a great trouble.

I want to use Point of Sale for sales because it support barcode scanner. In my compony we have upto 2000 products and making quotations from sale module is useless. I had tried to use POS with invoicing feature. It is good feature if all our customers pay us imedieately. 

Three type of solutions may work greate.

1: There should be an option in pos to make sale order only instead of invoice and then no further action taken by pos.

2: If we have to use invoicing feature then when we validate a pos session it should not post payments for invoices and payments for these invoices should be handled manualy.  

3: There should be an option in POS backend to convert a pos order into sale order.

any help will greatly apriciated.

Discard
Author

Another thing that I had come to know by testing is as below 1: Generate an invoice from POS Front End. 2: Without closing pos session, go to accounting > Customer and open the customer that previously invoiced in POS. 3: You will see the payment of invoice shown as recoverable. 4: Now pay the invoice by registering payment from related invoice or receive payment in accounting > customer payments. Then recheck the customer account. It had 0.0 receivable now. 5: Now go to Point of sale and close and validate session. then again go and check the customer balance again. You will see the payment receivable as -2000 or whatever is in invoice.

Best Answer

Hi Faheem

You could achieve #1 by creating a new button "Order" that links to the report for an order.
You should look at the file point_of_sale_report.xml and the file pos_invoice.xml. The point of sale invoice report really just forwards to the account module, which then creates the report (you can see this in the pos_invoice.py file). So if you create a new button in your POS (see screens.js under point_of_sale/static/src/js/screens.js), add a report under account and then refer to it (don't forget to add your new file to __openerp__.py) you have yourself a solution.

I'll leave question #2 and #3 for somebody else. Technically you can build everything you want, I am sure of that. It'll take quite a lot of customization though.

Discard
Author

@yenthe thanks for your help full answer, but unfortunately I have no any coding experience, so can you please explain it with example code.

So you cannot code and don't know the Odoo framework? Are you the person that has to develop this / will do this? As honestly, this is quite a big task which you will probably not be able to finish if you don't know both. What I've explained in text alone is atleast 5 files you will need to modify and code in so writing this out wouldn't probably fit on this forumposts.

Author

@yenthe. as you ask "Are you the person that has to develop this / will do this?" I am trying to implement odoo in my own shop. At this point I really need some one's help. Can you please do it for me.