Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Point of Sale - Is it possible to make sale quotation instead of Invoice.

By
Faheem Khan
on 12/24/14, 2:58 AM 1,152 views

I am in a great trouble.

I want to use Point of Sale for sales because it support barcode scanner. In my compony we have upto 2000 products and making quotations from sale module is useless. I had tried to use POS with invoicing feature. It is good feature if all our customers pay us imedieately. 

Three type of solutions may work greate.

1: There should be an option in pos to make sale order only instead of invoice and then no further action taken by pos.

2: If we have to use invoicing feature then when we validate a pos session it should not post payments for invoices and payments for these invoices should be handled manualy.  

3: There should be an option in POS backend to convert a pos order into sale order.

any help will greatly apriciated.

Another thing that I had come to know by testing is as below 1: Generate an invoice from POS Front End. 2: Without closing pos session, go to accounting > Customer and open the customer that previously invoiced in POS. 3: You will see the payment of invoice shown as recoverable. 4: Now pay the invoice by registering payment from related invoice or receive payment in accounting > customer payments. Then recheck the customer account. It had 0.0 receivable now. 5: Now go to Point of sale and close and validate session. then again go and check the customer balance again. You will see the payment receivable as -2000 or whatever is in invoice.

Faheem Khan
on 12/24/14, 3:25 AM

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 12/24/14, 3:55 AM

Hi Faheem

You could achieve #1 by creating a new button "Order" that links to the report for an order.
You should look at the file point_of_sale_report.xml and the file pos_invoice.xml. The point of sale invoice report really just forwards to the account module, which then creates the report (you can see this in the pos_invoice.py file). So if you create a new button in your POS (see screens.js under point_of_sale/static/src/js/screens.js), add a report under account and then refer to it (don't forget to add your new file to __openerp__.py) you have yourself a solution.

I'll leave question #2 and #3 for somebody else. Technically you can build everything you want, I am sure of that. It'll take quite a lot of customization though.

@yenthe thanks for your help full answer, but unfortunately I have no any coding experience, so can you please explain it with example code.

Faheem Khan
on 12/24/14, 4:28 AM

So you cannot code and don't know the Odoo framework? Are you the person that has to develop this / will do this? As honestly, this is quite a big task which you will probably not be able to finish if you don't know both. What I've explained in text alone is atleast 5 files you will need to modify and code in so writing this out wouldn't probably fit on this forumposts.

Yenthe
on 12/24/14, 4:31 AM

@yenthe. as you ask "Are you the person that has to develop this / will do this?" I am trying to implement odoo in my own shop. At this point I really need some one's help. Can you please do it for me.

Faheem Khan
on 12/24/14, 4:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/24/14, 2:58 AM
Seen: 1152 times
Last updated: 3/19/15, 10:47 AM