This question has been flagged

I need to update my inventory as, well, it needs to reflect reality. I've done this by first zeroing out the existing inventory under warehouse / inventory control / physical inventory, then importing the updated inventory. However, when I check the inventory account, I find it is all over the place, with a seemingly nonsensical amount. How can I reset the inventory account so that it reflects the actual value of my inventory? I have a feeling that some of the products have been set to consumables, could that be upsetting the inventory account calculations?

For that matter, how is the inventory value calculated? When I check the cost price against the amount of stock I have, the cost is very different from anything that the system says I have. very lost at the moment.

This is for OpenERP V6.1

Discard

You should post configuration screens for all accounts and journals where articles/products are concerned; also post your choices for the inventory methods (real time or manual) This will help understand your issue!

Author

Around 99% of the products have the Stock input account as L601 Temporary accounts payable, Stock Output Account as 201 Devices and Stock Valuation account: A200 Inventory. they also have been setup for Real Time accounting.