Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ParseError: "decoder jpeg not available" while parsing in odoo

By
Piyush Suva
on 10/11/14, 3:42 AM 1,487 views

When I createing new database in odoo at that time it gives the error of  "decoder jpeg not available"

I also tried :

pip uninstall PIL    

pip install pillow

sudo apt-get install python-imaging

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
India
--Atul Arvind--

Hello, 

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

Implementation

I am also active on StackOverflow.

or 

Atul Arvind
On 10/6/16, 4:24 PM

libjpeg8-dev is required to be able to process jpegs with pillow (or PIL) for ubuntu 14.04 and higher, so you need to install it and then recompile pillow. Install 

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8-dev

and try to reinstall the pillow 

pip install --no-cache-dir -I pillow

Hope this helps!

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 10/11/14, 4:40 AM

Make sure you have libjpeg and libjpeg-dev installed. After this try to reinstall pillow module. The output should contain

--- JPEG support available

If the output already contains that string and the error still persist check this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22409140/pillow-recognizes-jpeg-encoder-on-install-but-not-use

Thank you Ben.

Piyush Suva
on 10/13/14, 5:59 AM
Nirav Jani
On 10/15/14, 3:31 AM

Yes Mr. Ben is right, It will work so that please follow him.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/11/14, 3:42 AM
Seen: 1487 times
Last updated: 10/6/16, 4:25 PM