This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to serve blog posts without the BLOG_NAME-ID part of the URL.

For example right now my blog posts have the following URL:

example.com/blog/NAME-1/post-slug

I want to remove the NAME-1 part of the URL. It's totally unnecessary for me as I don't need multiple blogs.

So I guess I have to somehow override the WebsiteBlog.blog_post() method and use another @http.route decoration? Can you please point me to what's the correct way of doing this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

OK, and what should I do in that controller? Subclass WebsiteBlog and call super.blog_post() or something else? Also, where are these XML files I need to change? Please be more specific as I'm just starting to use Odoo.

Discard

Controller:

create new controller /post/POST-NAME

browse post-name record and rest logic you can bring from default blog post controller.

XML

use existing post template and if need inherit default controller url to new controller url. That's it all you need to know

Best Answer

Hi,

If you remove blog name from URL then you lost multi blog manage functionality. So we assume that you have only 1 blog and all post will under this 1 blog. We suggest you to create new controller like /post/POST-NAME . This is much easy to handle it. Moreover you need update url in your XML templates.

Thanks.

Discard