This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello I have install openerp server and I can install features module, bit as soon as I try to install a foreign module, I receive this warning and the module is not installed.

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openerp-7.0_20130924_231032-py2.6.egg/openerp/addons/agaplan_import'

The server is Centos 6.4 and the openerp is the version 7

I can understand that it is a problem of permission. But how I am suppose to fix these setings?

Thanks for any help, or Idea

Frank

Discard
Best Answer
chmod 775 /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openerp-7.0_*.egg/openerp/addons
chown root.openerp /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openerp-7.0_*.egg/openerp/addons

Note: This assumes the openerp server is running under the user 'openerp' which is a member of the openerp group.

Discard
Best Answer

chown -R openerp:openerp /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/openerp-7.0_20130924_231032-py2.6.egg/openerp/addons

Discard
Best Answer

How did you copy the folder "agaplan_import" into the addons directory? most likely the webserver user has no rights to read that folder (maybe it was copied as root).

Discard
Author

Hello and thank you to take care of my issue. I just clic on install button on the apps section. and I receive this warning. I also try to install the module using filezila but you're right the openerp folder is under root and the user is root and the group as well. Therefore I do not know how to install it. The featured app works perfectly.

Author

I notice that I can't update any Apps, I always receive this warning Pemission denied...Maybe this can help. So Now I am sure that there is an issue with the permission

You may have to check the owner of the folder addons. The webserver user must be able to write to this directory

Author

Thank You Martin, How could I manage this? the owner group is root, so Do I have to give some extra rights to the user? or do I have to change the root folder right to a lower level, or a group level? By the way do you know where I can change the user rights? Cheers Frank

This is the issue I was having. I have read this is because we are running the server as root and it's said this is insecure. I don't know how to fix it because I don't have any linux admin skills and I only follow the doc on how to install. The documentation is just a copy and paste from v6.1 so it is wrong for v7 but still manageable to work if you mangle their instructions. Alas, there is no mention in the docs about this issue and what you should do about it. It basically just has you doing everything as root.