Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

order line item entry

By
Mike Lindsay
on 10/3/13, 9:32 PM 3,163 views

I have 2 test instances of OpenERP 7 running. On 1 instance, when creating a new Sales Order, adding a product to the sales order pops up in a new window. On the 2nd instance, its a simplified product entry all on one page. I thought I asked this question before, but I can't find it. How do I turn on that simplified view?

For me it happened as soon as I set settings > configuration > sales > display margin on sales orders (which installed the sale_margin module, however uninstalling that module did not revert the behaviour of the order line).

martin mueller
on 10/4/13, 12:20 PM

Dang, I tried turning that on, and it didn't enable the simpliefied mode.

Mike Lindsay
on 10/4/13, 2:24 PM

We have the same issue, and the entry method differs between SO and PO as well... Nover found where to change the behaviour.

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 10/19/13, 11:59 AM

I've narrowed it down to around 8 minor modules I have installed. I installed these modules, and the line item entry became simple. I will try to do some more testing Monday to let you know exactly which one.

Mike Lindsay
on 10/19/13, 6:34 PM
phoebe
On 10/31/13, 4:38 AM

Hi Mike,

Here's my solution. 1) go to setting->configuration->sale, make sure that 'Properties on order line' unchecked. 2)go to setting->user ->technical setting make sure that all these 3 boxes ('properties on lines' & ' manage secondary unit of measure' & 'manage product packaging') unchecked.

Hope this help you.

Where were you when the question was originally posted! Thank you for the complete answer though! :)

Mike Lindsay
on 11/5/13, 11:47 PM
Emad Jaddou
On 7/23/15, 12:03 PM

This worked perfectly for me https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/remove-order-line-details-window-69110

Mike Lindsay
On 10/30/13, 7:57 PM

OK found what specifically is turning this on. Its a user profile rights option. If this option is set "Manage Product Packaging" then simple line item entry is disabled.

I haven't thoroughly tested this, but at first glance it seems to work, bravo!!

martin mueller
on 10/31/13, 12:41 AM

One of the modules appears to turn this on, and one appears to turn it off. Still trying to find out if I can pinpoint this.

Mike Lindsay
on 10/31/13, 2:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/3/13, 9:32 PM
Seen: 3163 times
Last updated: 7/23/15, 12:03 PM