This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi Friends ,

From the Technical Documentation - priority: Not used?
  1. I like to know , they mentioned as Not used . But in existing module it have been used . What is the purpose ?

For example : res_request.py

'priority': fields.selection([('0','Low'),('1','Normal'),('2','High')], 'Priority', states={'waiting':[('readonly',True)],'closed':[('readonly',True)]}, required=True),

Thanks & Regards OMPRAKASH.A

Discard
Best Answer

In your example Priority is label of field, not attribute priority!

Just for selection field, second parametr is attribute string (that define label). So if you omit name of parametr in field, then apply predefined order of parametrs.

It's equivalent to:

'priority': fields.selection([('0','Low'),('1','Normal'),('2','High')], string='Priority', states={'waiting':[('readonly',True)],'closed':[('readonly',True)]}, required=True),
Discard
Author

Hi wowas , Thanks for immediate reply.Can you please explain this line of code ..'priority':fields.selection(crm.AVAILABLE_PRIORITIES, 'Priority'), [ addons/crm/report/crm_lead_report.py] ...In this line Priority describe which property ?

For selection field - predefined order of parametrs: fields.selection(values, string, ...). So first parametr is list of values (key-label tuples), and second is label of field. It's equivalent to: 'priority':fields.selection(values=crm.AVAILABLE_PRIORITIES, string='Priority'),

Author

Hi kvas , Thanks for reply .. From your point i can understand the property .But still i have doubt from < Technical Documentation - priority: Not used? > What they explain ? And once again thank for reply

I think it reserved for future use.

Author

Hi wowas , thank for your reply...

BUT IN WHAT SCENARIO WE SHOULD USE "priority" ATTRIBUTE IN OUR FIELD? PROPER DOCUMENTATION IS NOT AVAILABLE SO CAN ANYONE HELP?