Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OpenERP7 really FUNCTIONAL E-commerce solution?

By
dark
on 6/2/13, 9:34 AM 3,372 views

Hi boys, I searched for ecommerce solution for my small online business. I have e-store and small production. Now I using virtuemart on JOOMLA as standalone eshop. It´s ok, but I need ERP functions for CRM and MRP.

I found some connectors, but everything is poor. Why?

• I need import customers with shipping adress, not only invoice adress.
  • I need import customer company details - as VAT and company ID
  • I need import delivery type and shipping costs
  • I need import payment type
  • I need import product custom variant (it is not critical - I can save multiple products as variants...)

But everything what I found have only : Customer details as Name, Surname, Adress, Phone and only items list. But I cannot drive order from ERP without details about shipping adress, customers preffered shipping type, etc.

Please, can you give me some solution for this type of business? I can change E-commerce solution from Virtuemart, it is not problem, but I need this functions.

Without this one is openerp to ecommerce bridge only for play, not for real use.

Many thanks, Petr

David Béal
On 6/2/13, 6:33 PM

There are solutions developped by Camptocamp and Akretion, two of the main OpenERP contributors.

https://launchpad.net/magentoerpconnect

https://launchpad.net/prestashoperpconnect

These solutions are based on the module 'Connector'

Some projects have began with prestashop and magento by these companies

prestashop : http://www.akretion.com/fr/blog/synchronisation-prestashop-et-openerp-v7-prestashoperpconnect

magento : http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/openerp-magento-connector-new-generation

dark
On 6/2/13, 12:41 PM

I tested virtuemart bridge on your demo, but I cannot send data to OERP. What I doing bad? I cannot see new order in OERP module in JOOMLA and cannot see any solution for import in OPENERP... Is this demo running OK?

we keep updating our demo , may be last changes have some issue , let me check and if some problem , we will correct it tomorrow (as today is sunday here) and i will update here

WEBKUL SOFTWARE PVT LTD, Vinay
on 6/2/13, 3:29 PM

please check the demo again and make sure you are selecting right db at openerp end : "joomla_test" Do an order from virtuemart frontend and it will automatically sync to the openerp , no need to press any button , if you still face any problem , contact me on skype : vinay.rks

on 6/4/13, 9:36 AM

Thank you for help. I tested it today. But I´m sad. When I put noew order with two adresses, I can see only payment adress, but no shipping address in ERP. I cannot see shipping method and payment method too. I doing some bad, or it is useless as another connectors. When I order special product with custom parameter, I cannot see this in order line of openERP. When customer write some note to order, I cannot see this in openERP. I dont need categories, I dont need products synchronize - this I can make by hand with import/export... I need COMPLETE transfer of orders as I wrote on top.

dark
on 6/6/13, 2:55 PM

Hi dark , Please test it again , i have tested now and shipping address /shipping method/payment method /discount /taxes everything is woking , now about payment method : you will not see it on sales order of openerp , it will be on payment ,"customer note" sync is not part of this module because this module only try to sync common thing between VM and openerp , Customer note is not in openerp . Demo links are updated at store link . if you stil face any problem . please mail me : vinayrks@webkul.com

on 6/11/13, 5:47 PM
Vinay
On 6/2/13, 11:05 AM

Use webkul connector for your ecommerce platform to link with openerp

For Magento /prestashop we support bi-directional sync , for virtuemart we don't support bi-directional sync

Yes, thank you, but I know webkul connectors. But can I transfer shipping method, payment method and customer shipping address from presta, or magento with this connector? Thank you, P.

dark
on 6/2/13, 11:14 AM

Yes you can transfer shipping method/payment method/taxes etc. About shipping address: Openerp 6.1 was good for multiple address on for same customer , so you can easily sync shipping addresses too but openerp 7 have issue with this , they don't allow multiple contacts to same customer , so if you use our connector then Order will have right values of customer invoice address and shipping address ,only one small issue "if a customer have multiple address then our connector will create multiple customer at openerp 7 but all other things like order information will be correct"

on 6/2/13, 3:29 PM

Many thanks for explain this. It´s very good. But for which e-shop is this solution? Is this fully functional in Virtuemart too? I don´t need export from ERP to VM, it can be only one way, but I need get whole adress with shipping informations. I will drive order process from ERP next time after I import order. And one last question - is possible to run this solution on old Virtuemart with JOOMLA 1.5? I have made many design customizations on this shop :-(

dark
on 6/2/13, 7:27 PM

Hello dark , Shipping address works with all three platforms, I can't assure you for design customization , but my team can customize for you , we provide customization service too

on 6/2/13, 7:31 PM

Thank you response. I don´t need design customization :-) I have customization made on VM version 1.1., which I use now. So I need connector for VM 1.1. and ERP. When this is not possible I must change eshop platform from VM1.1 to VM 2.0 or something else - Prestashop, etc. So i hope your connector is ready for VM1.1 too. Is it possible?

dark
on 6/3/13, 9:14 AM

I try it today again but I´m confused :-( I tested VM version of conector. Please, why you can not give some basic informations to product description on your site about use of them? How can I send new order to your demo erp? It is automatic? Or I must some click? What ... ? When I make order from frontend and click to openerp component, there are no any buttons for synchronization. In ERP I cannot see any new iported orders.. When I thinkinkg about your product, I want test it... So can you give some basic informations about it to your site or to this forum? Many thanks. Petr

dark
on 6/3/13, 5:50 PM

i hope you are using db : joomla_test at openerp end , For real time front order , it will automatically sync to openerp , no need to press any button , for other main data like products/category/customer you need to press sync button , let me know if you face any problem

on 6/3/13, 6:06 PM

@Vinay: I can not believe OpenERP 7 does not allow different shipping address - are you sure about this? If yes, is there a bug report on launchpad for this? This is a very basic feature and should not be missing in a professional erp software. Certainly there is a way to customize this in OE7? Thanks!

FRACHT FWO CZECH
on 6/27/13, 1:20 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/2/13, 9:34 AM
Seen: 3372 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM