This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

In OpenERP 6.x The scheduler runs everyday night. We can re-configure to run periodically according to our needs.

In OpenERP 7.0 there is no configuration to run nightly or periodically. Under Warehouse there is an option to Run Schedulers and Check Box to Set Automatic Order Point.

My Question is

1. How do I enable Scheduler Periodically like OpenERP 6.x?
  2. What does the Automatic Order Point exactly means? What difference between if I don't enable Automatic Order Point vs enable Automatic Order Point?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

In OpenERP 7:

Settings\Technical\Scheduler\Scheduled Actions\Run mrp scheduler

You may need to add 'Technical Features' to your user: Settings\Users\Users[You]\Access Rights\Usability\Technical Features.

Automatic Order Point:

The scheduler has five phases:

1. Reset procurements in exception
  2. Run all make_to_order procurements
  3. Run all make_to_stock procurements
  4. Run all orderpoints (stock.orderpoint, visible from product procurement tab)
  5. If checked, run "automatic orderpoint".

The checkbox controls whether or not to run step 5. If you check it, for all products that have a Virtual Availability / Forcasted Quantity of less than zero, the scheduler creates the appropriate make_to_order procurement for that product and runs it. That eventually becomes a new PO or new MO as normal.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you CB for your detailed Answer. It is informative and I appreciate.

I have also observed then When Scheduler is ran manually, I have multiple 'Request for Quote' Created by SCHEDULER and ORDERPOINT. I am trying to create a 'Stockable Product', Procurement Methd: Make to Order,Supply Method: Manufacture.I have created orderpoint Minimum=30 Maximum=0 Bill of Materials for this products contains another two products which has 0 Minimum and 0 Maximum Orderpoint. All have 0 inventory.

When I Confirm Sales Order for 10 products and Run Scheduler manually, I have Two 'Request for Quotes'(RFQ) for the two items in Bill Of Materials instead of one.One is RFQ is created by Scheduler and another one is Created by OrderPoint. Why two RFQ?

Discard

You'll 'love' this one. make_to_order /never/ looks at available stock. You have the first RFQ because the procurement for this product was set to make_to_order, so it literally created an order. You have the second RFQ because the scheduler noticed the orderpoint and created a RFQ for it.

To do what you probably want to do, set your product to make_to_stock. This will hit 'exception' because there is no inventory, and then the scheduler will check the orderpoint, notice < 30 stock, and create one RFQ for 40 (30 keep in stock + 10 you needed)

Author

Thank you CB. In real Scenario do we need to run Scheduler manually every time? I thought it should automatically run scheduler not manual.

You need either: 1. Run procurements manually, 2. Run scheduler manually, 3. Setup the scheduler to run automatically via the Scheduled Actions area in settings, or 4. Install mrp_jit which tries to run procurements immediately.

Author

Thank you for your help

How can I setup the scheduler to run automatically?

Under Technical Data I see Object, Method, and Arguments and have trouble wrapping my head around how to make it work.