This question has been flagged
1 Reply

i succeed in connecting to my openenerp server (ubuntu) from a client. But when i try to tape the ip and the port of the application xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxx in a navigator, i have this error message : Connection Interrupted : the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Could you throw light for me? I would like access to the server administration. Thanks.

Please find in attachment a SS representing the prompt command when i tape "openerp-server". I noticed the last sentence saying : CRITICAL:xml-rpc:[16]: Error occur when starting server daemon: (98, 'Address already in use')

SS_openerp-server.JPG

When i open with a txt editor openerp-server.conf, i try to modify THE TCP port on the server will listen. I save the file But i can't still acess to the webinterface server. COuld you help me?

Discard
Best Answer

Check the open ports in your server, looks like another application is using the port openerp server is trying to use.

Discard
Author

Hello. Into my openerp_server.conf, there is this sentence : # The TCP port on which the server will listen (default 8069). port = 8070. When i tape netstat -tlnp | grep 8070 i can read netstat -tlnp | grep 8069 & tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8069 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5867/python2.5netstat -tlnp | grep 8070tl So according to you, what should i do? Thanks.

try changing it to a different port and restarting the server

Author

in theory, i have to just change the port in the text file? I also have to open the new port (listening)?

change the port in the openerp_server.conf file, then restart the server

Author

Thanks. I just to modify the value into the text file to :8070 toward :8090. I saved the file. I try to restart the server with this command : openerp-server restart. But the webinterface still does not work. And in the prompt command it still appears the same line saying Error occur when starting the server daemon: (98, adress already in use). I do something wrong? In advance thank you very much.

try stopping openerp or whatever daemon is running first. Looks like there is a program that is taking the port

Author

Hello, i just stop the service openerp. I change the port toward :8089 into the openerp-server.conf I restart the service. But it still does not work. I tape iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8089 -j ACCEPT in order to open the new port. But when i tape netstat -tlnp there is not this new port ! The webinterface still does not work.Could you throw light for me. Thanks.