Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

openerp v5 : server access

By
Sales
on 6/3/13, 7:10 AM 1,674 views

i succeed in connecting to my openenerp server (ubuntu) from a client. But when i try to tape the ip and the port of the application xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxx in a navigator, i have this error message : Connection Interrupted : the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Could you throw light for me? I would like access to the server administration. Thanks.

Please find in attachment a SS representing the prompt command when i tape "openerp-server". I noticed the last sentence saying : CRITICAL:xml-rpc:[16]: Error occur when starting server daemon: (98, 'Address already in use')

SS_openerp-server.JPG

When i open with a txt editor openerp-server.conf, i try to modify THE TCP port on the server will listen. I save the file But i can't still acess to the webinterface server. COuld you help me?

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 6/3/13, 11:05 AM

Check the open ports in your server, looks like another application is using the port openerp server is trying to use.

Hello. Into my openerp_server.conf, there is this sentence : # The TCP port on which the server will listen (default 8069). port = 8070. When i tape netstat -tlnp | grep 8070 i can read netstat -tlnp | grep 8069 & tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8069 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5867/python2.5netstat -tlnp | grep 8070tl So according to you, what should i do? Thanks.

Latitude Geosystems SAS, Sales
on 6/3/13, 11:17 AM

try changing it to a different port and restarting the server

Gustavo
on 6/3/13, 11:18 AM

in theory, i have to just change the port in the text file? I also have to open the new port (listening)?

on 6/3/13, 11:24 AM

change the port in the openerp_server.conf file, then restart the server

Gustavo
on 6/3/13, 11:25 AM

Thanks. I just to modify the value into the text file to :8070 toward :8090. I saved the file. I try to restart the server with this command : openerp-server restart. But the webinterface still does not work. And in the prompt command it still appears the same line saying Error occur when starting the server daemon: (98, adress already in use). I do something wrong? In advance thank you very much.

on 6/3/13, 11:32 AM

try stopping openerp or whatever daemon is running first. Looks like there is a program that is taking the port

Gustavo
on 6/3/13, 11:34 AM

Hello, i just stop the service openerp. I change the port toward :8089 into the openerp-server.conf I restart the service. But it still does not work. I tape iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8089 -j ACCEPT in order to open the new port. But when i tape netstat -tlnp there is not this new port ! The webinterface still does not work.Could you throw light for me. Thanks.

on 6/3/13, 1:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/3/13, 7:10 AM
Seen: 1674 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM