Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

openerp-server stops and goes down without logs

By
Abdul Qavi
on 11/2/14, 2:04 AM 867 views

I've installed Odoo/OpnnERP, and I've put the openerp-server daemon in /etc/init.d to get it started automatically on Ubuntu startup. It gets started normally on every reboot and works fine. But sometimes it goes down automatically, I don't know any pattern when it goes down, and I also can't see any reason in the log file (/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log). It just goes down without any logs. When I find it down, I have to reboot manually to get it started again.

Any help on spotting the issue which causes openerp-server to stop automatically without any logs?

Thanks, Abdul

Jo
On 11/2/14, 7:01 AM

Here is the solution, if you using ubuntu means, try to use this cmd in terminal sudo apt-get purge odoo.

what does this do???

Abdul Qavi
on 11/2/14, 7:57 AM

this will clear your configuration

Jo
on 11/3/14, 4:51 AM
Anders Wallenquist
On 11/2/14, 4:59 AM

Take a look at other log-files, what happens at the same time? Any resource outage?

You can play with --log-level/--log-handler flags on the server to get more specific loggings. Try to start the server in forground and see if you get more information.

Thanks, but this is not OpenERP/Odoo server issue, rather just found it relates to VPS memory issue. Here is the answer https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/openerp-server-stops-and-goes-down-without-logs-67196

Abdul Qavi
on 11/9/14, 5:23 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/2/14, 2:04 AM
Seen: 867 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM