This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi everyone,

I want to start the server Odoo 8 but does not work and gives me the following ereur: 

Exception in thread openerp.service.httpd:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/othmane/odoo/odoo/openerp/service/server.py", line 237, in http_thread
    self.httpd = ThreadedWSGIServerReloadable(self.interface, self.port, app)
  File "/home/othmane/odoo/odoo/openerp/service/server.py", line 100, in __init__
    handler=RequestHandler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 410, in __init__
    HTTPServer.__init__(self, (host, int(port)), handler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 419, in __init__
    self.server_bind()
  File "/home/othmane/odoo/odoo/openerp/service/server.py", line 110, in server_bind
    super(ThreadedWSGIServerReloadable, self).server_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 430, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

Can you help me , thanx 

Discard
Best Answer

The error is caused by the fact that the port that you are using (if you did not specify anything, most probably it is 8069) is used by another process.  Using `netstat -plntu` command in terminal can show you which process is holding that port.  You might want to either select different port or kill the process that use the same port first.

Discard
Best Answer

Try the following :

1./ On the command line fire the following command ps ax|grep openerp
2./ It will list out the processes where it will find the word 'openerp'
3./ Look into that list whether any process of openerp is already running on the same port that you are trying to start the service
4./ It may also possible that any other process may be using the same port that you are trying to use for openerp server

You need to check whether the port that you are trying to access isn't used by some process

Try following commands to check the ports

change to superuser
1./ lsof -i : <<port number>> ---> this will list out the process that is using the specified port
    example : - lsof -i :8069
2./ netstat -tulpn ---> this will list out all the process with port and program

If you find that the port is in use by some other process or say openerp already than you will have to kill that process

sudo kill -9 <<process id>>

Hope this helps !!.

Discard
Best Answer

1.open terminal

2.type as,

~$ ps aux|grep odoo

3.it lists as follos,

odoo      1164  0.4  2.0  80648 40788 ?        Sl   10:22   0:00 python /opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp-server -c /etc/odoo-server.conf
amz02     2473  2.5  2.0  79244 39100 ?        Sl   10:24   0:00 /usr/bin/python2.7 -u /home/amz02/Projects/odoo/odoo-8.0-647afdf/openerp-server
amz02     2647  0.0  0.0   4688   820 pts/0    S+   10:24   0:00 grep --color=auto odoo

4.find the number of odoo-server.conf(here it is 1164)

5.type as follows,

~$ sudo kill -9 1164

6.enter pasword

7.restart server..

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you all , it woks now :)

Discard