This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello, 

I'm Unable to restart my openerp-server, because i think that :

My openerp server doesn't stop properly, when I check the log file, it gives me :

openerp.service: Initiating shutdown

Hit CTRL-C again or send a second signal to force the shutdown.

it starts correctly but does'n stop properly. what is the solution ? 

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

It's waiting for threads to complete, there are concurrent users/jobs still running.  This is normal behavior, as long as it only lasts a few seconds.

Discard
Author

I stopped the server, and After several minutes, it still running. It's True that there was several users loged on, but they logged off...

Try sending signal 3 (also known as SIGQUIT) to the OpenERP server, it will dump a trace of all current threads. Find the PID using a command like "htop" or "ps aux | grep openerp". Say the PID for the root process is 12345. Then use the command "kill -3 12345".

HI, 

thank you very much, I've tried this before your email, wich I appreciate, and it worked, I published it on the odoo forum so as to other members can benefit from it.

Regards

2014-09-17 15:12 GMT+01:00 Brett Lehrer <bsphil-gmail-com@mail.odoo.com>:

Try sending signal 3 (also known as SIGQUIT) to the OpenERP server, it will dump a trace of all current threads. Find the PID using a command like "htop" or "ps aux | grep openerp". Say the PID for the root process is 12345. Then use the command "kill -3 12345".

--
Brett Lehrer
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False

--

Yassine TEIMI

Ingénieur SI technico-fonctionnel

TEL : 06-27333078
Author Best Answer

Hi all, 

Thank you for your great answers, I brought up all your answers together, and I realise that the issue is when several processes still running, the server can't stop, so I should wait a few seconds, if not, the key is to kill all openerp running processes, I found that the running processes are old, a wee ago and so on, so I killed them, and the server is stopped properly. 

Thank you for your collaboration.

Regards.

Discard
Best Answer

If have not seen this problem since version 5.0, but what I did back then was to open up HTOP (or any similair TOP program) and then kill the proces according to the Pid.

Discard
Author

what commande necessary to do that, I'm on ubuntu server. Thanks.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/kill-process-in-linux-or-terminate-a-process-in-unix-or-linux-systems/ Will help you out.

Best Answer

Do you wait some time after sending the stop signal to the process? It can take a few seconds for the whole process tree to come to a full stop.

Discard
Author

I waited at least 2 minutes, after stopping the server. When I refresh the web page, the openerp server still running ...

It can take quite some time to shutdown the processes depending on the setup. What I usually do when in a hurry is killall -9 python2.7 a few seconds after signaling the stop (or similar depending on the python binary you're using).