This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask this, but I noticed the OpenERP PLM (product lifecycle management) module on the Odoo Apps store, which might be relevant for our needs. Has anyone integrated it fully and used it ? Does it require a windows installation of Odoo ?  Could someone give me an idea about how useful it is to be used on a daily basis?

Discard

@Shawn,

It works, although I haven't tested it extensively. It requires an installation of Odoo, although from what I understand it is not a requirement to have a windows-based Odoo installation. You should also have no problem on and Ubuntu/Debian distro as well.

Author

Thanks Luke. I guess I'll try to set it up and see how it goes.

Best Answer

tested it a bit.. .odoo instalation can be linux or windows for server ... and moduel can be installed on both, second part of OpenERP PLM is plugin for Solidworks, wich has to be installed on Windows ...and it will be a client In testing showed up wery good... still not in production environment,but if/when it will be.. ill be able to fill in more data for now... it works as it is supposed... The idea is to generate BOM for production directly from Solidworks...(it connects to odoo database to get products, as parts) .So it saves a lot of time used to rewrite BOM from SW output to odoo bom... 

hope it helps a bit : )

Discard