This question has been flagged
2 Replies

one month before i installed openerp 7 all in one version in windows, i have successfully installed the apps when i have user less then 3 but when i create more users and try to install more app openerp account ask for email and password after that he display following message (An OpenERP Enterprise subscription is required for one-click installation of OpenERP Apps for more than 3 users.) please guide me

Discard

Yes, I am also interested to know how this works. Also, we have no problem paying but the screen that pops up does not indicate the term, is that fee per annum?

Hello Yes I also required a solution for this as i installed a openerp all in one on windows but i am able to do any changes on general settings it redirect me to signup with openerp account and generate a bill ,so if i dont want to use like this subscription plan method and use like development environement which works well on linux OpenERP Source.

Hello Yes I also required a solution for this as i installed a openerp all in one on windows but i am able to do any changes on general settings it redirect me to signup with openerp account and generate a bill ,so if i dont want to use like this subscription plan method and use like development environment which works well on linux OpenERP Source.

The solution is in my post. "If you don't want this service for more than 3 users, simply install modules by downloading them (make sure the version of the module matches the version of OpenERP), copying them to the addons path of your server, adjust permissions if needed, reboot your server, update the modules list and install them from Settings -> Modules -> Installed Modules menu sequence. You need to remove the filter "installed" in search field in order to see all modules, and can then locate and install any new module that way."

I got the same problem, but when changing settings on certain application & clicking "Apply" button, even if the module is installed manually !!!!!! How can I fix this issue & Why it's obligatory to subscribe if I'm just configuring the modules after installing, is that logical?

Best Answer

Installing modules as 'Apps' is a new service offered by OpenERP to simplify the user experience.

It leverages an online repository directly integrated into OpenERP and update notification functionality. This service is free for 3 users, and part of the OpenERP Enterprise platform (aka OpenERP Publishers Warranty).

In 2013, this is $49 USD per user per month. For a detailed list of the other benefits of the warranty, visit https://www.openerp.com/pricing

If you don't want this service for more than 3 users, simply install modules by downloading them (make sure the version of the module matches the version of OpenERP), copying them to the addons path of your server, adjust permissions if needed, reboot your server, update the modules list and install them from Settings -> Modules -> Installed Modules menu sequence. You need to remove the filter "installed" in search field in order to see all modules, and can then locate and install any new module that way.

Contact OpenERP or an OpenERP Partner in your region for more information. Find details at https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory (the three sales offices for OpenERP are at the very bottom of the page)

Discard
Author

Thanks this is really nice information :) but from where i can download the modules?

@waqar: in apps.openerp.com you can download modules as a zip file.

if one is using an online version how can one use this your method to install downloaded modules

My recomendation is to charge $49 for each user AFTER 3 users. One user for everyone is "Admin" which is not a user at all. Most folks are using 2 users for testing purposes. Hitting the "pay now" for CA $150-$200 a month as the first presentation definitely is a disincentive to stick around it seems to me.

If you want your feedback to reach the openerp team, fill out for the form at https://www.openerp.com/contact - while OpenERP staff to participate in these help forums, it is not the best channel to communicate feedback like this with them.

Best Answer

This is not correct. Many of us have tested the system by adding an additional user. Now I have deleted both portal (test) user and the inhouse (test) user and your system is still showing 4 users.

We only have Admin, plus 2 Users. how can we reset this number so that oneclick download works?

Discard

I'm having the same problem. I added a new user for testing porpuoses, then deleted it and now I cannot use the "install apps" feature. Is there any way to reset user count?

You should add a new question. This is a question/answer forum and not a discussion thread. I don't want to be rude, but this question you pose deserves an answer and I don't think it will get it here if you post it as an answer. I, for one, have avoided adding any extra users until after because of this issue and I would like to know the answer to your question as well.

OpenERP was very fast and gracious about fixing the Setting when I sent an Email to their office. It seems there are some Caching that can show more users after a "deletion" but that even without an email it will normally (it seems) go the right level. Main lesson, don't add users till you have your system setup the way you like it. It is not that difficult to install modules "the long way". Just practice abit and it goes easy. The trick there is to "not install" till you have the actual code loaded into the appropriate addon's folder then it by passes the user check (in my experience).

This is relatively old info at this point. My experience at present is that having a test system running with one or two users works. Most recently I took the Admin User and converted it to my "user" which assures no hickups for rights installing things. Generally best is to bring a Git Pull into the folder structure you choose and doing a large pull will generally put the apps available for local usage. The Odoo (was OpenErp). Using the One Click installation does work with "supported" ie/small/free or supported/bigger. Policies are changing all the time but this seems to be consistent still.