This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I get the message (An OpenERP Enterprise subscription is required for one-click installation of OpenERP Apps for more than 3 users) when i install the app, what i have to do for install free apps. I installed OpenERP v7.0 all-in-one for windows please guide me.

Discard
Best Answer

Installing modules as 'Apps' is a new service offered by OpenERP to simplify the user experience.

It leverages an online repository directly integrated into OpenERP and update notification functionality. This service is free for 3 users, and part of the OpenERP Enterprise platform (aka OpenERP Publishers Warranty).

In 2013, this is $49 USD per user per month. For a detailed list of the other benefits of the warranty, visit https://www.openerp.com/pricing

If you don't want this service for more than 3 users, simply install modules by downloading them (make sure the version of the module matches the version of OpenERP), copying them to the addons path of your server, adjust permissions if needed, reboot your server, update the modules list and install them from Settings -> Modules -> Installed Modules menu sequence. You need to remove the filter "installed" in search field in order to see all modules, and can then locate and install any new module that way.

Contact OpenERP or an OpenERP Partner in your region for more information. Find details at https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory (the three sales offices for OpenERP are at the very bottom of the page)

Discard

what do you mean, per user per month? do the basic 3 users count i.e 4 users get $49/month because first 3 are for free usage? i think that's the confusion.

Either you get three users for free (just for this service) or you pay for the full warranty (which includes many other services) for every user starting with the first one. There are no free users with a the warranty.

Best Answer

If in Testing one creates a user to go over the "3 user (incl Admin) limit, it should be possible to go back down. It seems complicated at best to do so. What is the method?

I have found that if I download from https://www.openerp.com/apps I can do some installations. It is needlessly difficult however.

I have killed my portal users and the extra test/internal user but the system is still showing 4 users. It is 2 users plus Admin.

Discard

What do you see what you go to 'Settings -> Modules -> Installed Modules' and remove the filter "installed" in search field?

I am able to install manually but if I am installing a package that has some dependency which I have not already loaded I am brought back to the $156 per month page. That is a lot of $ for testing a system.

You should add a new question. This is a question/answer forum and not a discussion thread. I don't want to be rude, but this question you pose deserves an answer and I don't think it will get it here if you post it as an answer. I, for one, have avoided adding any extra users until after because of this issue and I would like to know the answer to your question as well.