This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi,

does it make sense to use OpenERP Enterprise (SaaS 35€ / user x month) and have a full integration with 1 Magento instance, hosted somewhere else?

Or is it better to download and host OpenERP in the same server where Magento is hosted?

Also, should we wait for the new OpenERP - Magento integration modulde that is being developed to start our OpenERP? Or is there another way to integrate OpenERP and Magento in the while.

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

You will find that it is FAR more work to integrate Magento with OpenERP that it is to simply migrate your ecommerce to Odoo's ecommerce module. The maintenance of a home-built integration is substantial; you should consider this to be a full-time role.  

Discard
Best Answer

If you need to integrate OpenERP with Magento, I would host OpenERP in a different server. You might integrate it with Magento using the connector module, or you might develop your own scripts to do that. There are many cases of integration with other e-commerce packages where that integration is carried out by python scripts

Discard
Author

"in a different server" you mean in a different server from Magento server, or a different server from the provided SaaS solution?

if the SaaS solution allows you to implement custom modules, I would do that there. Otherwise I would implement it in a server where you can implement your custom modules

Author

Thank you. We will host it in our servers then.

Best Answer

Magento connector are not part of the official base, so it is not available on the saas.

Discard